Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 07:45 PM

857 posts, read 1,200,843 times

Advertisements

Whats the obsession people on this board have with welfare recipients and people who live in public housing??????????? Seriously, i know a good chunk of people here dont live near them and i know for a fact they aint thinking about or concerned about your presence. Welfare doesnt net all that much money which is why crime is common amongst teenagers who grow up on it and welfare fraud cases take place. Not to mention those women who have more kids for more benefits. Welfare was overhauled in the 90s and its extremely hard to get on the rolls now theres always a superlong waiting list.

U might say "oh i work hard for my money and they dont work for squat!" well maybe if they lived like billionaires and drove fancy cars that wasnt bought with drug money or had numerous trips to exotic islands and disney world every so often youd have a point. but welfare recipients dont live like that. esp since reagan and other neocons have been gutting the system since the 80s.

I work hard for my living and im much more concerned about job security, the constant scramble for new and improving opportunities as well as jealous and butt kissing coworkers who feel threatened by my very presence. People living on breadcrumbs that are on public assistance are really not my concern. they have their life i have mine.

You say its my tax dollars well ive seen my tax money not get utilized for what its supposed to (infrastructure among other things) and ive seen it wasted on corporate welfare and tax cuts to the rich. welfare WIC and the like are literally pocket change compared to other priorities in the budget.

I ask this question here bc this is the only city state board that spends SO MUCH of their energy whining and crying about people on welfare. even the elitist retards on the DC boards almost never talk about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 07:50 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,113 times
All of them is jealous of them rich hood rats. How are they poor if they got iPhones and $300 sneakers? Welfare queens are richer than middle class.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:55 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
All of them is jealous of them rich hood rats. How are they poor if they got iPhones and $300 sneakers? Welfare queens are richer than middle class.
Even when poor people look nice they STILL get mad.

Get ready for the ride y'all. This thread will be a page turner.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:57 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
I think people are fascinated by the unmitigated gaul of some welfare and NYCHA recipients. They find ways to cheat the system and live ghetto fabulously, off the fat of the cow

Old 01-15-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
The iphone they either bought with a credit card they cant pay drug money paid for it or at best they got a wicked deal through a booster. Most welfare recipients have a crap phone from boost or MetroPCS.

The sneakers in many cases are knockoffs.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
The mob/mafia.

The number running game.

Drug dealers....and your typical street hustler.

Underground economies have existed for years.

For the misinformed and deluded in New York of all places I'm fairly convinced things just don't, as they say "ring a bell." Why would you ask this question?

Which begs the question. Do posters here have a brain.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:04 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
Whats the obsession people on this board have with welfare recipients and people who live in public housing??????????? Seriously, i know a good chunk of people here dont live near them and i know for a fact they aint thinking about or concerned about your presence. Welfare doesnt net all that much money which is why crime is common amongst teenagers who grow up on it and welfare fraud cases take place. Not to mention those women who have more kids for more benefits. Welfare was overhauled in the 90s and its extremely hard to get on the rolls now theres always a superlong waiting list.

U might say "oh i work hard for my money and they dont work for squat!" well maybe if they lived like billionaires and drove fancy cars that wasnt bought with drug money or had numerous trips to exotic islands and disney world every so often youd have a point. but welfare recipients dont live like that. esp since reagan and other neocons have been gutting the system since the 80s.

I work hard for my living and im much more concerned about job security, the constant scramble for new and improving opportunities as well as jealous and butt kissing coworkers who feel threatened by my very presence. People living on breadcrumbs that are on public assistance are really not my concern. they have their life i have mine.

You say its my tax dollars well ive seen my tax money not get utilized for what its supposed to (infrastructure among other things) and ive seen it wasted on corporate welfare and tax cuts to the rich. welfare WIC and the like are literally pocket change compared to other priorities in the budget.

I ask this question here bc this is the only city state board that spends SO MUCH of their energy whining and crying about people on welfare. even the elitist retards on the DC boards almost never talk about them.
I agree that public welfare is often used as a boogey man far too often (and I'm a conservative BTW), however for NY specifically social programs make up a huge percentage of the budget and hence the tax burden so it does deserve to be scrutinized. Any advanced society should help those who cannot help themselves/offer a leg up to those who stumble. It is however fair to ask 1) are we truly helping people live better lives with these programs? 2) Can we be using resources better/more efficiently? 3) What are the social impact of these programs? To the third point, it can be argued that generational welfare dependence is a driver of crime and anti-social behavior, which lowers quality of life in NYC for all residents.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
I agree that public welfare is often used as a boogey man far too often (and I'm a conservative BTW), however for NY specifically social programs make up a huge percentage of the budget and hence the tax burden so it does deserve to be scrutinized. Any advanced society should help those who cannot help themselves/offer a leg up to those who stumble. It is however fair to ask 1) are we truly helping people live better lives with these programs? 2) Can we be using resources better/more efficiently? 3) What are the social impact of these programs? To the third point, it can be argued that generational welfare dependence is a driver of crime and anti-social behavior, which lowers quality of life in NYC for all residents.
honestly if i had my way legitimate job creation would be my answer. if theres enough living wage full time jobs being created that would dramtically reduce the demand for welfare and other forms of public assistance. bring back industry to NY if possible. but that solution makes too much sense.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:08 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Nothing wrong with welfare. That's good stuff.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
What should given further scrutiny is the premise of generational welfare dependence.

Many people do not stay on welfare for "generations" as assumed.

The driver of crime is not generational welfare dependence. That would be more multidimensional as far as causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City