U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 08:11 PM

258 posts, read 158,096 times

Advertisements

Reject**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 11:53 AM

450 posts, read 340,526 times
Theres a new hpd guideline that recently came out from the mayor that they cant deny people if they have a low score or bad credit. So hopefully it holds true cause my credit score amd history is low as well from awhile back. But im able to pay the rent amd such. I have an inteerview on friday for a different development. And im hoping my credit wont be a problem either lol.

What did they ask on ur interview as far as credit check?

Old 10-18-2016, 12:00 PM

552 posts, read 396,965 times
What the guidelines state is that poor credit can't be the only reason you're denied. It still counts. And this has actually been the rule since September 2015. But if a rejection letter says you were denied only because of poor credit (they have to give a specific reason as to why they're denying you) and that's the only reason given, it seems you would have grounds for appeal. You might also mention why your credit sank, for example, did you lose a job? Did you have medical expenses? Did you you have to take on the care of a family member? The main thing is to show that now you're on the straight and narrow path for paying bills, etc. Good luck.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:29 AM

I don't owe a credit card, I tried to open one and was accepted but never put the 200 of my own money down on it. I don't have anything under my name like phone, light anything. I didn't check on credit karma and it says 552 and all I see open was the credit card I went for and something of con ed but I don't have anything under con ed. Does that mean someone tried use my name and SS for that? Cause that wasn't me and it was on July of this year. I find that very weird. I hope you get the apartment (lovemylayla) and thank for the feed back (lovemylayla) and (moving415)

Old 10-20-2016, 10:30 AM

I haven't asked anything yet because interviews are still being down till the 21st I'm giving it a week after to email the ladt who emailed me about the interview.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:37 PM

6 posts, read 3,042 times
Lala, do you know your log #?

Old 12-11-2016, 01:10 PM

Yes my log is 10,325 i am also in the CB I applied with my child. It's getting close to 8 weeks after the last day of the week interview. I have this too much in my mind I did to know something

Old 12-13-2016, 11:36 AM

35 posts, read 15,168 times
I recently had an interview at Webster Commons E on the 12/08/16. My credit score is around 700 and my income is somewhere around 40k. I'm a government employee and I currently live in the Bronx. I applied for a two bedroom apartment for a family of 4 (Husband, Wife, two little girls).

How long do you think they will take to reach back with an answer? My current lease is up on February 2017, and I would love to avoid signing a new lease. Should I be worried about the timing? What is the likelihood of succeeding? What would be the next step if we actually do get approved?

The interview was certainly not what I expected. I expected to be grilled with questions but the interviewer only asked whether or not my wife was currently working. Then she reviewed the huge stack of papers they gave us to sign, to make sure every page was signed and then she looked through our documents to make sure everything they asked for was there and then she was done with us. It must have been the shortest interview there.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:56 PM

83 posts, read 35,794 times
I had my interview the same day also for a 2. Bedroom and I'm Also a federal emloyee they sent me an email on the 14th over missing documents sent it back the same day and verified that they got it now just waiting for that approval or denial letter. They said 6-8 weeks for a decision so I would sai mid January from the day we went to the interview so I think you should pretty much know if you have to renew your lease or not

Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 AM

27 posts, read 8,113 times
I have a question I out my boyfriend in the application of the apartment . But now I was wondering if they called can I just take my documents and not hid and say we are not together anny more ? Or I'll have to show prove of his anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City