Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 11:39 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Ted Cruz is not Afro Cuban. Of course if we put his DNA under a microscope there is probably a chance he has genetic markers that point to Africa. That still doesn't make him Afro-Cuban.
Yeah lol no way..

Old 02-05-2016, 01:56 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Yea, this is already known. I know a large number are of African descent.

And again, not every person from the Spanish speaking Caribbean is an Afro-Latino. Just like not every everyone from the Anglophone Caribbean do not get the Afro label. Yes, I know many are but certainly not everyone.
The Caribbean is broken down like this. Hispano Caribbean, Anglophone Caribbean, Francophone Caribbean, and Dutch Caribbean. In the Hispano Caribbean, you have whites and even large numbers of East Asians.

We need to break down what is part of the Caribbean

Cuba,
Dominican Republic
American commonwealth Puerto Rico are Hispano Caribbean
Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Costa Rica Honduras, are sometimes associated as Hispano Caribbean, but are on the mainland. But also share some cultural similarities with the Hispano Caribbean and even with the Anglo Caribbean, such as Panama and Costa Rica has lots of Jamaicans. Merengue is very popular in Venezuela.

Jamaica
Trinidad and Tobago
Barbados
Antigua
British Virgin Islands
U.S Virgin Islands
Bahamas
St Lucia
St Vincent
Grenada
St Kitts and Nevis the Island where Alexander Hamilton came from.

These Islands are part of the Anglo Caribbean

Guyana and Belize are sometimes associated as part of the Anglo Caribbean, and share some cultural elements. However these countries are not located in the Caribbean except for Belize which sits on the Caribbean sea. Guyana on the other hand is far away from the Caribbean, nestled in between the Amazon rainforest and the Atlantic Ocean. No white sandy beaches with sky blue water here. Either Red or Brown sandy beaches with black or brown water. You don't know what is lurking in these waters.

Haiti, Martinque, Guadalope. These are French Speaking Caribbean Islands. I don't have nothing much to say about these islands.

Than you have the ABC islands of Holland such as Aruba, Bonao and Curacao. I have nothing to say about these islands either.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:09 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Rafael Cruz is not a pure Euro Cuban. Look at the man again. The man may have light skin,eyes, and straight hair. However you go back a generation or two and you will find a black parent or granparent. His features clearly inficate it. Also I am of afro Puerto Rican descent but based on family records and a dna test, I am of a descent that might shex some light on the mixing present in the Islands that folks here are ignorant to with all the generalizations I see here. My african genetics about 50 percent are of Nigerian/Ghanian descent. The European is not Spanish at all although we have a Spanish surname. The actual European line includes Italian,Irish/English, and Swedish genes. Puerto Rico experienced great mixing throughout its history, thru the colonial times to present. Im sure all the Islands do to this day. BTW I say again Rafael Cruz is a mulato cause I look pretty close to a young Rafael. Too bad Ted is such a dick.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Rafael Cruz is not a pure Euro Cuban. Look at the man again. The man may have light skin,eyes, and straight hair. However you go back a generation or two and you will find a black parent or granparent. His features clearly inficate it. Also I am of afro Puerto Rican descent but based on family records and a dna test, I am of a descent that might shex some light on the mixing present in the Islands that folks here are ignorant to with all the generalizations I see here. My african genetics about 50 percent are of Nigerian/Ghanian descent. The European is not Spanish at all although we have a Spanish surname. The actual European line includes Italian,Irish/English, and Swedish genes. Puerto Rico experienced great mixing throughout its history, thru the colonial times to present. Im sure all the Islands do to this day. BTW I say again Rafael Cruz is a mulato cause I look pretty close to a young Rafael. Too bad Ted is such a dick.
Funny. I did DNA test myself. I came across a woman who I share genes with. 7 generations removed cousin. She said that their was an English family that lived in Puerto Rico that me and her are related too. Also lots o people moved in inbetween Caribbean islands during post 19th century without the usage of proper documents like passports and stuff. I know during the 1840s, plenty of Irish, French, Corisicans who are Italians of Genoese stock migrated to Puerto Rico and intermixed with the mulatto population over time. As for the Caribbean in me.

The DNA pointed out minor Cuban, Puerto Rican and notable Barbadian ancestry which is true since plenty of Barbadians migrated to Guyana prior to the 20th century. I recently found that I'm not a descendent of Afro Guyanese, but descendants of Afro Barbadian migrants, mixed Brazilian immigrant of African, Portuguese and Native American hybrid, and immigrants from Britain to Guyana. A weird mix that science can not solve.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:10 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
How does the DNA test reveal Puerto Rican, Cuban, Barbadian roots ? The New World countries are just combos of the old world ? Doesnt make sense. No dna test could distinguish between for example a puerto rican and a zzDominican or a Canadian.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:19 AM

Quote:
How does the DNA test reveal Puerto Rican, Cuban, Barbadian roots ? The New World countries are just combos of the old world ? Doesnt make sense. No dna test could distinguish between for example a puerto rican and a zzDominican or a Canadian.
No it showed geographic origin and relations. This was 23andme before they updated their information. IT wasn't me. However I did some research and back track into it, and it was pretty factual. Very interesting overall. I should post or a snap shot of what I saw, but nah. I don't want to put that on here.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:47 AM

64 posts, read 73,805 times
"Jamaicans are all bumbaclots."

Former Flatbush resident here. Would hear this from some of my Haitian and African-American neighbors in the 20s streets. Good memories of zone 26, haha

Old 02-05-2016, 09:42 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The Caribbean is broken down like this. Hispano Caribbean, Anglophone Caribbean, Francophone Caribbean, and Dutch Caribbean. In the Hispano Caribbean, you have whites and even large numbers of East Asians.

We need to break down what is part of the Caribbean

Cuba,
Dominican Republic
American commonwealth Puerto Rico are Hispano Caribbean
Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Costa Rica Honduras, are sometimes associated as Hispano Caribbean, but are on the mainland. But also share some cultural similarities with the Hispano Caribbean and even with the Anglo Caribbean, such as Panama and Costa Rica has lots of Jamaicans. Merengue is very popular in Venezuela.

Jamaica
Trinidad and Tobago
Barbados
Antigua
British Virgin Islands
U.S Virgin Islands
Bahamas
St Lucia
St Vincent
Grenada
St Kitts and Nevis the Island where Alexander Hamilton came from.

These Islands are part of the Anglo Caribbean

Guyana and Belize are sometimes associated as part of the Anglo Caribbean, and share some cultural elements. However these countries are not located in the Caribbean except for Belize which sits on the Caribbean sea. Guyana on the other hand is far away from the Caribbean, nestled in between the Amazon rainforest and the Atlantic Ocean. No white sandy beaches with sky blue water here. Either Red or Brown sandy beaches with black or brown water. You don't know what is lurking in these waters.

Haiti, Martinque, Guadalope. These are French Speaking Caribbean Islands. I don't have nothing much to say about these islands.

Than you have the ABC islands of Holland such as Aruba, Bonao and Curacao. I have nothing to say about these islands either.
Lots of knowledgable people already know this.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
This is true. Highly questionable and raises lots of questions.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
No it showed geographic origin and relations. This was 23andme before they updated their information. IT wasn't me. However I did some research and back track into it, and it was pretty factual. Very interesting overall. I should post or a snap shot of what I saw, but nah. I don't want to put that on here.
It most likely said DNA origins and RELATIONS. That doesn't mean a person is Puerto Rican or has Puerto Rican ancestry by taking a DNA test.

You should post the results.

I would love to see that DNA test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City