Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 04:17 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,066,140 times

Advertisements

damn straight!

That snowstorm that happened last week it wouldn't have happen is someone else was mayor too!!!

3 Weeks ago, i was walking down the street and i had to jump over some garbage debris and when i landed i farted really loud...This farting incident wouldn't have happen if someone else was mayor... (it was an epic fart. it felt like i released 5 lbs of air. Too bad there was so much noise pollution since no one noticed the epic sound quality of the fart)

xoxo tiddays!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 05:49 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,194,241 times
Crime is at historic lows in NYC and all across America. It's 1986 anymore

Old 02-02-2016, 08:56 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,609,159 times
I do think that the city should do more to put chronically homeless people in permanent housing, such as expand it's voucher programs and get more people onto SSDI who need it. There's no reason anyone should have to sleep in a shelter.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:04 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,609,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
The difference is, Bloomberg put his cronies first. At least DiBlasio is TRYING to help the middle and lower income people.
How so? I do think he has a more compassionate attitude towards the poor, which is welcome. However, I don't see how subsidizing Middle to upper middle class Manhattanites in the form of RS does anything for the less well off.

Personally, the city is doing extremely well right now. It's hard to say what a different kind of mayor would yield, I do think claming tensions between the NYPD and the community is a positive step in the right direction. I don't see dBd as all that liberal. Fiscally he seems at least cognizant that money doesn't grow on trees and hasn't hiked taxes, and he really hasn't gone insane with his housing policy.

My prediction: Wither he's here 4 or 8 years, the city will be much more gentrified, still low crime, and pretty much what it would have been if Quinn or a Bloomberg-esque mayor had been in office.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:36 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,639,722 times
I think its disgraceful that BDB is in Iowa right now. He has no business budding into the presidential campaign. Who is paying for this?

Old 02-02-2016, 06:10 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,721,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
I think its disgraceful that BDB is in Iowa right now. He has no business budding into the presidential campaign. Who is paying for this?

Oh no!! Heaven forbid a Mayor voice his opinion on another politician or campaign. GASP!

I heard he took a couple of thousand out of the NYPD budget to pay for his trip, including first class accommodations and food for everyone at the rally! OMG!!!! HE'S SO HORRIBLE!!!!!

Give it a rest. Even if he showed receipts that he personally paid for everything, you would say the receipts are fake.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:33 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,225,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
The rapid increase of homelessness and decrease of quality of life in Manhattan happened during the current mayor's watch. The current administration was sued due to their inaction towards homelessness by local businesses. I am sure tourist across the world come to Manhattan in order to experience the pleasure of riding a subway side by side with a homeless person.

No it didn't. I lived in Hells Kitchen when the other mayor was in office, there were homeless, druggies on the street, and prostitutes on 8th ave. It was just as much a issue 4 years ago as today.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:04 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,156,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
Bill de blasio is kind of the scapegoat for everything that happens in the city that may resemble the 'bad old days.'

In all honesty, If bloomberg or a less progressive mayor were in office, would crime of visible signs of decay (graffiti, homelessness, QOL violations etc) be any different?
He is by far the best Jewish Mayor with an Italian last name married to a Black Lesbian in the history of New York.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:11 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,632,313 times
I have the uncomfortable feeling that the "scapegoat" element is in large part emanating from kneejerk right-wingers who started objecting to him before he even settled into office. They've somehow forgotten that the essence of democracy is being a good sport in the face of a valid loss.

I'm not sure about the homelessness, but I've been wondering if it's just continued fallout from the recession, which by far pre-dated De Blasio.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:13 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,459,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I have the uncomfortable feeling that the "scapegoat" element is in large part emanating from kneejerk right-wingers who started objecting to him before he even settled into office. They've somehow forgotten that the essence of democracy is being a good sport in the face of a valid loss.

I'm not sure about the homelessness, but I've been wondering if it's just continued fallout from the recession, which by far pre-dated De Blasio.
A lot of whom aren't even from NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: