Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 02:19 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
He says he's white
Maybe he's Shaun King, cause he cares a whole lot about Asians and their relationship with blacks more than anything else besides how Asians are mooching off the gov't. I see this same guy commenting on other local Queens newspaper websites with the same garbage. But he always uses the screen name bnc*****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnc62683 View Post
I hate living here because of the Asian immigration here anymore. I grew up here and now I'm being priced out of the housing market here, not to mention these Asians get all the housing through their "churches" that aren't even really churches, they are financial centers teaching other Asians how to rip off the govt system and giving them houses to live in (that's why you see three families living in two family houses) so none of these houses are getting taxed on them. Then the Asians around here speak either little or no English whatsoever! Then they stare at the black people around here even though the black people were living here a long time before these Asians moved in! Then they overcrowd the schools around here and want to put a damn church on every single block even though I know most Asians do not give a damb about religion (if they did their businesses would be closed on the biggest religious holidays, but they are not!) they just do this as a tax break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 02:21 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Sh** just got real. Justice was served for once. A guilty verdict. I do however feel, that if this happened to a cop with more seniority on the force, the outcome woulda been way different

Old 02-13-2016, 03:55 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
His partner was given full immunity for his story.

Not quite FULL immunity, as he lost his job according to a news report I heard.

I have also heard that it is quite possible that the murderer/manslaughterer will likely not see prison time.

he heard a noise and his gun discharged

Gotta love phrasing that implies inanimate objects are in control.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:14 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3ssconyc View Post
there is over 20k petitions to take away indictment from Liang on White House peition page.
Asian community are saying because he is asian he was found guilty!!
He was incompetent doing his job. same way if u run a red light and kill someone u will go to jail. because u killed a innocent person.

The White House cannot do squat. He was not charged federally. He was charged by NYS. If anything, the petitions should go to Governor Cuomo. However, Cuomo wouldn't be able to set his conviction aside. That will have to go through the appeals process. Once he loses all his appeals, he can go through the clemency process (although the chance of getting clemency is very slim)

Old 02-13-2016, 05:17 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowplayer2 View Post
How is accidental discharge becomes man slaughter. This is bs.

The accidental discharge combined with his behavior after the fact. Also, look up the definition of manslaughter in NYS Penal Law. That will give you a better understanding of the charges he faced and was found guilty of.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:24 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
The accidental discharge combined with his behavior after the fact. Also, look up the definition of manslaughter in NYS Penal Law. That will give you a better understanding of the charges he faced and was found guilty of.
ok, so the elevator is broken and he takes the stairs, that's fine, and understandable. But aren't the stairways supposed to be lit with lights?

needless to say, it is a shame what happened.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:10 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
This just makes my blood boil. This is a total injustice to the victim and the military gave those racists a slap on the wrist. If he had killed all of them, it would have been a different story.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:17 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
This has nothing to do with him being Asian.

Folks are really mad that an officer was finally convicted in the death of a black male.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:24 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Folks are really mad that an officer was finally convicted in the death of a black male.
What folks are you talking about? I don't see anyone protesting or even much mention about it in the media.

You imagining things?

Old 02-13-2016, 07:33 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What folks are you talking about? I don't see anyone protesting or even much mention about it in the media.

You imagining things?
There is a "free Peter Liang" FB page with almost 10000 likes.

And most of the comments are, "All others can walk away, why can't he?"

https://www.facebook.com/FreePeterLiang/?fref=ts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City