U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 07:24 PM

10,674 posts, read 8,182,570 times

Advertisements

Flushing Queens NYC next new thing ?

Amid the crush of Main Street in Flushing, Queens — a highly trafficked strip considered by locals as one of the neighborhood’s main arteries — the sounds of active construction from nearby developments add a buzzing pitch.

Yet as buzzy as it may be, the area’s volume is likely to rise even further as a slate of new area projects come into the pipeline.

Take the mixed-use building dubbed Tangram — a 39th Avenue structure developed by local heavy-hitter F&T Group — now in the excavation phase.

Or consider the 5,500-square-foot, six-unit building nearby at 41-14 Haight St., which was recently approved by the Department of Buildings. Once completed, it will stand five stories and include a healthcare facility and daycare center, records show.

If you thought bustling residential development in Queens was limited to Long Island City, it’s time to widen your scope. Builders are also targeting Flushing — the farther-flung home to New York’s second-largest Chinatown.

How Flushing is becoming Queens’ must-buy ‘hood | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 PM

8,477 posts, read 20,365,185 times
wow, these "new hottest neighborhood" fads don't last long do they ? I thought the Jamaica boom had just been announced and now it's over already ?

Old 02-18-2016, 07:32 PM

10,674 posts, read 8,182,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
wow, these "new hottest neighborhood" fads don't last long do they ? I thought the Jamaica boom had just been announced and now it's over already ?
It coming

Old 02-18-2016, 07:42 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,542,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
This one will last long after the last hipster leaves NYC even if there's no mention in english media and no need for any new hottest neighborhood labels. Lots of white collar Asians buying in Flushing nowadays with large down payments, though mostly in the new higher end condos. The land where Macys sits on was recently leased for $1 billion for 99 years and that's just for the land with a two story building on top.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 02-18-2016 at 07:52 PM..

Old 02-18-2016, 07:53 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
Lots of white collar Asians buying in Flushing nowadays with large down payments, though mostly in the new higher end condos.
Seriously? From when I lived there most Asian Americans prefer to buy in Bayside and drive to flushing for commerce. The majority of buyers in flushing were overseas Chinese looking to store their cash in apartments. The old run down apartment building had many middle to lower class FOB chinese who bought into co-ops and would not be able to afford bayside.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:04 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,542,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Seriously? From when I lived there most Asian Americans prefer to buy in Bayside and drive to flushing for commerce. The majority of buyers in flushing were overseas Chinese looking to store their cash in apartments. The old run down apartment building had many middle to lower class FOB chinese who bought into co-ops and would not be able to afford bayside.
I live in Bayside dude, and the reason is I grew up near the border of Bushwich and hate living in crowded areas in apartments and/or attached homes. I much prefer a single family detached house over an apartment where I can work on my cars, do some gardening, and etc, but still want to be able to walk to restaurants and have access to great schools hence most of NJ/LI was a no go for me. But h1Bs or former H1Bs nowadays don't like to buy houses cause it's a hassle. Know a doctor, finance professionals, software engineers that brought in skyview. But I was told by some of them that there's lots of young kids there living by themselves that seemingly don't have to work yet can put down hundreds of thousands of dollars in down payment or outright pay cash. Also a lot of elderly Asians that might have downsized living there.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 02-18-2016 at 08:17 PM..

Old 02-18-2016, 10:38 PM

6,195 posts, read 6,358,094 times
Thank you F&T group. I hope they do like 3hrs free parking in a massive parking lot in the Flushing Commons.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:29 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,239,336 times
On a side note , the Skyview mall will charge for parking effective 3/1

Old 02-19-2016, 06:16 AM

15,581 posts, read 24,992,689 times
Flushing is right next to LGA, if you don't mind listening to airplanes landing every 30 seconds, all day, every day, for 20 hours a day, than this is the hood for you.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:18 AM

1,039 posts, read 774,385 times
Frushing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or