Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:32 PM

32 posts, read 43,283 times

Advertisements

My log number is in the 3,000's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 06:45 AM

246 posts, read 485,797 times
my log number is 37xxx i will never be called and i am not in the income bracket at all. good luck guys.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:17 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
my log number is 37xxx i will never be called and i am not in the income bracket at all. good luck guys.
That not necessarily true. People get called with higher log numbers than that. U just gotta be patient

Old 06-23-2016, 01:43 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
I didn't see it on nychousingconnect- I had to google it to see what the requirements were.

Now I remember that I didn't apply because I exceeded the income ranges in my category.

Good luck to all who applied!

Old 06-24-2016, 01:41 PM

33 posts, read 78,609 times
Received a letter last week to come in for an interview yesterday with all the listed documentations and I did. I had a 5 minute interview thereafter and I should have known once my money order was given back to me that it was a bad omen. Nonetheless, I received an e-mail today stating that I am over the income limit. It didn't state by how much. I inquired and they just sent me a pdf with the original income guidelines from the flyer. Question: I am trying to formulate an appeal. Based on the guideline, I calculate that I am over by $1050. Any recommendations as to what I should include. This is the closest I have come in any lottery and I am just not going to give up this easily. Did the income guidelines change this year? I know sometimes that after the time the unit is presented to the time you submit your documentation that the guideline does change but I have no idea where to find this information. Any and all help needed and thanks in advance.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:07 AM

20 posts, read 28,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequenome View Post
Received a letter last week to come in for an interview yesterday with all the listed documentations and I did. I had a 5 minute interview thereafter and I should have known once my money order was given back to me that it was a bad omen. Nonetheless, I received an e-mail today stating that I am over the income limit. It didn't state by how much. I inquired and they just sent me a pdf with the original income guidelines from the flyer. Question: I am trying to formulate an appeal. Based on the guideline, I calculate that I am over by $1050. Any recommendations as to what I should include. This is the closest I have come in any lottery and I am just not going to give up this easily. Did the income guidelines change this year? I know sometimes that after the time the unit is presented to the time you submit your documentation that the guideline does change but I have no idea where to find this information. Any and all help needed and thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear that! If you make over the income guideline there is no way you can possibly hide or change that. It's income you earned. I never of heard of the guidelines changing, I believe it still remains the same. My sister recently was denied by another lottery due to being off by $103 dollars. It sucks big time! Just keep applying and don't give up!

Old 07-13-2016, 02:01 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
I'm in Williamsburg right now. Just saw the building. It takes up the whole block of N5th. Pros: near transportation. 22 bus wrought around the corner, L train short walk away. Looks like the apartments will come with central AC. Cons: when I see the building and compare it with the up and comings in the neighborhood, the others look better. I took video of the exterior

Old 07-14-2016, 04:10 PM

Hello,

I got an emailed stating that I was rejected due to poor credit. However I am appealing, I do have school loans but I recently graduated and was waiting for that so I can start on a payment plan. I think its ridiculous that they reject people for that because everyone deserves a chance. I mean its only my daughter and I and I just had 1 credit card and the other are school loans I took to get an education. so I don't get it!! I am not giving up because its not like I have a criminal record. I am educated person and totally capable of being a civilized tenant. ( just venting)

Old 07-14-2016, 04:12 PM

Oh and by the way I don't think the building will be done anytime soon. I also saw and it does take a whole block! I believe there is a lot to be done! so who knows if ill get a chance

Old 07-14-2016, 06:10 PM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequenome View Post
The income guidelines did go up this year, by quite a bit. But the developer should know that and be using the correct figures. You can double check that independently though. When I get home, I can post a link to the new figures. If you don't want to wait, Wiivile posted a link in the Stuy Town lottery thread a day or two ago. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: