Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 10:43 AM

931 posts, read 801,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
So what I gather is that unqualified black dudes in their basement are to be ignored when discounting "systemic racism" but unqualified white girls in their basement who agree with "systemic racism" are to be cheered. Hmmm. Exactly who is the racist again?
^^Thank you!^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 11:11 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
Quote:
So what I gather is that unqualified black dudes in their basement are to be ignored when discounting "systemic racism" but unqualified white girls in their basement who agree with "systemic racism" are to be cheered. Hmmm. Exactly who is the racist again?
Didn't check out who the woman was, but Chomsky is very qualified. He has a BA and a MA from the University of Pennsylvania and a phd from Harvard.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
So far Mott Haven has been in the news lately. If the talk isn't about potential gentrification, than it sure is about crime. Lots of shootings and murders have been taking place in Mott Haven this past year. I kind of put the blame on the warm winter we have had so far on the increase of violence in the area. On some of the streets the NYPD had to install flood lights that are gas powered. Also not to say anything racist or what not. I notice plenty of black youths in the area with nothing better to do. One I noticed this, it started to change my perception of the world and realize things are facilitated and governed by systemic means. I wish I can help with these guys find some sort of employment, but plenty of liberal employers do not hire folks with misdemeanors. I remember reading some data that nearly 2/3 or 3/4 of crime in Mott Haven are committed by African Americans who make up 1/3 of the population. I said to myself wow that's insane.

Video shows man being shot 3 times near preschool in Mott Haven | News 12 Bronx

Bouncer shot outside Mott Haven nightclub | News 12 Bronx

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...form-nypd-says

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2555332

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/19/ny...here.html?_r=0

Man, 20, shot and killed outside Bronx park - NY Daily News

What is every going on in Mott Haven. I have to remain vigilant at the same time being concerned for my well being. I urge Transplants to postponed moving to area until the crime rate dies down or maybe if next year a cold winter can damper on crime. Lets not forget, three cops have been shot in Mott Haven this past year.
I doubt the transplants are in that much danger. As terrible as that scene is, the greatest danger is of gangsters killing each other. Local residences not into that scene are much less likely to be effected, ditto transplants.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:34 AM

931 posts, read 801,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Didn't check out who the woman was, but Chomsky is very qualified. He has a BA and a MA from the University of Pennsylvania and a phd from Harvard.
That PHD means nothing. Chomsky is from that hippy era. He's a liberal and spins the facts to fit the liberal narrative. I wouldn't take his word as gospel. Common sense prevails. I'm in the hood everyday. I see first hand how these people act.

The subculture these people subscribe to is one of the main culprits to their self destructive ways. Notice how all the successful black people I mentioned earlier do not subscribe to that street/egotistical hip hop culture.

In the words of Chris Rock: There are 2 types of black people. You have black folks and then you have niigahzz. Black folks hate niigahzz. niigahzz is always messing it up for black folks.

How true those words are indeed. Which goes back to my previous statement of "its NOT the color of one's skin but the content of their character". Let that marinate for a minute.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:51 AM

19,026 posts, read 13,932,533 times
Quote:
Chomsky has nothing to do with my comment regarding josh's anti-black male logic.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
That PHD means nothing. Chomsky is from that hippy era. He's a liberal and spins the facts to fit the liberal narrative. I wouldn't take his word as gospel. Common sense prevails. I'm in the hood everyday. I see first hand how these people act.

The subculture these people subscribe to is one of the main culprits to their self destructive ways. Notice how all the successful black people I mentioned earlier do not subscribe to that street/egotistical hip hop culture.

In the words of Chris Rock: There are 2 types of black people. You have black folks and then you have *****hzz. Black folks hate *****hzz. *****hzz is always messing it up for black folks.

How true those words are indeed. Which goes back to my previous statement of "its NOT the color of one's skin but the content of their character". Let that marinate for a minute.
Chris Rock is a comedian and thank god he's funny, because else dude would be bagging stuff at WALMART! He has NO education! He has no chance of making money outside of telling jokes. Politics, business, etc not just won't happen due to his lack of education.

Now the above doesn't mean that everything that Chomsky said should be taken as gospel from heaven above, but he is certainly a much more credible source than Chris Rock.

So if someone is born in the hood, how would they get out? You want to demonize the residents of the hood, but even a straight A student from the hood who never gets in trouble is not getting out unless they come into a fantastic amount of money. College educations are costly, and a lot of professional jobs require advanced degrees. If a hood residents gets an average job, they will have to remain living in the hood. Many people in poor neighborhoods do indeed work. They get paid very little.

I'm not saying it's impossible, because clearly it isn't. But it is very difficult. Some of my friends have asked me why were the Black and Latino students in the Ivy League disproportionately from the South and West. That is easy to answer, you have more HOMEOWNERS in those regions, and homeowners tend to have more money. Not all, but disproportionately Blacks and Hispanics in NYC are renters (high rents, lack of savings means little to no money for a top college).

Old 03-19-2016, 05:07 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,109 times
Quote:
There's a big difference and you know it she's using historical facts and actual data she has numbers and studies to back what she says.

Was there any studies, stats, historical facts in the video by the black guys? Where any experts, data, studies from Universities to justify your claims where?

No lets not play dumb here to justify your world view, it's not a good look.

And who is the racist again? Where the **** did I make any sweeping generalities about Whites like Allpro did with Blacks? I clearly stated racist like you and your buddy Allpro are products of a racist, ant intellectual, illogical system of thinking your product of your environment just like my black and latino brothers in the ghetto who succumb to that lifestyle, we are all human beings and will adapt to our suroundings.

Last edited by joshd9124; 03-19-2016 at 05:29 PM..

Old 03-19-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Chris Rock is a comedian and thank god he's funny, because else dude would be bagging stuff at WALMART! He has NO education! He has no chance of making money outside of telling jokes. Politics, business, etc not just won't happen due to his lack of education.

Now the above doesn't mean that everything that Chomsky said should be taken as gospel from heaven above, but he is certainly a much more credible source than Chris Rock.

So if someone is born in the hood, how would they get out? You want to demonize the residents of the hood, but even a straight A student from the hood who never gets in trouble is not getting out unless they come into a fantastic amount of money. College educations are costly, and a lot of professional jobs require advanced degrees. If a hood residents gets an average job, they will have to remain living in the hood. Many people in poor neighborhoods do indeed work. They get paid very little.

I'm not saying it's impossible, because clearly it isn't. But it is very difficult. Some of my friends have asked me why were the Black and Latino students in the Ivy League disproportionately from the South and West. That is easy to answer, you have more HOMEOWNERS in those regions, and homeowners tend to have more money. Not all, but disproportionately Blacks and Hispanics in NYC are renters (high rents, lack of savings means little to no money for a top college).

This is what their ignoring or dont want to admit to even if a black man accepts this society and tries to go on what these guys think is the straight and narrow they have a far less likley chance of been successful as their white counter parts. They keep bringing up some hood street dudes but im not comparing a hood street kid with a white college educated kid I'm comparing a college educated black kid with college educated white and at the same places and qualifications in life there is far more obstacles that black kid has to face. Just like if we even compare a black criminal with a white criminal the black criminal has a higher chance of being killed by a cop, arrested, facing longer sentences. and not getting employment as compared to the a White criminal.

And LMAO at the guy that says a PHD means nothing, yea it means nothing when it challenges your scientifically wrong world view. I'm guessing Chomsky and all these other world renouned social scientist have some conspiracy against their own race and wanna bring white people down huh.

Allpro and Airbornguy are pitiful neither of you have made any case that has any validation within history or science to back up your views besides anecdotal evidence(which im sure you have no idea what that means without a google search).

This is my last comment on this topic though its unfair I went to school for this and still read about it all the time while you guys have nothing to back your claims up, it's like a trained boxer getting in the ring with a guy thats been in a few bar fights.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:29 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,923,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
This is what their ignoring or dont want to admit to even if a black man accepts this society and tries to go on what these guys think is the straight and narrow they have a far less likley chance of been successful as their white counter parts. They keep bringing up some hood street dudes but im not comparing a hood street kid with a white college educated kid I'm comparing a college educated black kid with college educated white and at the same places and qualifications in life there is far more obstacles that black kid has to face. Just like if we even compare a black criminal with a white criminal the black criminal has a higher chance of being killed by a cop, arrested, facing longer sentences. and not getting employment as compared to the a White criminal.

There are actual and quantifiable differences - it's not just facing obstacles:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...for-black-men/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/17/bu...tudy-says.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tool-fix-that/

However, there are different indications - for example, that blacks with Ph.Ds begin to move closer in earnings to whites.

Acquiring wealth is an entirely different story for most.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
There are actual and quantifiable differences - it's not just facing obstacles:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...for-black-men/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/17/bu...tudy-says.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tool-fix-that/

However, there are different indications - for example, that blacks with Ph.Ds begin to move closer in earnings to whites.

Acquiring wealth is an entirely different story for most.
Very true but thats what I meant by facing obstacles, maybe saying facing obstacles was an over simplification to the studies you posted.

And thanks for posting those links btw I never read about the 3rd one, even though I'm surprised at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City