Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 04:54 PM

337 posts, read 424,013 times

Advertisements

Just bought a place in bullshead and have a little one on the way. A walk around i recently realized there is a park in walking distance (Arlene and lambert lane in bullshead) but no playground in it. What recommendations does anyone have to get this started? Possibly reaching out to local city council etc? I know its a far shot but i don't mind trying..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 06:11 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynorbust View Post
Just bought a place in bullshead and have a little one on the way. A walk around i recently realized there is a park in walking distance (Arlene and lambert lane in bullshead) but no playground in it. What recommendations does anyone have to get this started? Possibly reaching out to local city council etc? I know its a far shot but i don't mind trying..

You've got one already on the other side of SIE in Graniteville:

Jennifer's Playground : NYC Parks

.... Jennifer's Playground, Staten Island

As for building another, good luck with that. Land is getting pretty expensive over there and there isn't much left that isn't swap, protected, or otherwise out of bounds.

Congrats on the new baby on the way. Kind of felt something was up with the house move, looking at doctors/hospitals, etc... *LOL*

Old 03-16-2016, 08:08 PM

337 posts, read 424,013 times
Lol bugsy you're on to me..

Old 03-17-2016, 11:12 AM

278 posts, read 252,334 times
I live right across the street and walk my dog by there every day(doggie not allowed in). It's a nice little park that I take my grandkids to when they visit. The school next to it, is excellent, btw! I have lots of teacher friends that teach there, and I am good buds with the school crossing guards there as well! Might want to keep that in mind if you are still in the area, when the little one comes of school age!

Congrats on the baby! You moved to a very family oriented, kid friendly area!

Old 03-17-2016, 08:00 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaProf View Post
I live right across the street and walk my dog by there every day(doggie not allowed in). It's a nice little park that I take my grandkids to when they visit. The school next to it, is excellent, btw! I have lots of teacher friends that teach there, and I am good buds with the school crossing guards there as well! Might want to keep that in mind if you are still in the area, when the little one comes of school age!
The south side of the SIE is zoned for P.S.60 (which is a great school), not the school on the other side of the SIE (which is still a good school)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City