Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
So many last names in that story...confusing as heck.

Both of the men seem like dirtbags.... with extensive criminal records and all. Society is better off with both of them off the streets!
This is what I don't understand by the Dems always talking about crime / prison reform. It seems every single murder or major crime in the city, the guy has a crazy record with 20+ arrests. Listen to Hillary Clinton and federal prisons are stuffed with guys caught smoking a joint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 07:31 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,600 times
. the neighborhood is bad, her father should have walked his daughter to the station, maybe the stabbing could have been avoided.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:29 PM

15,838 posts, read 14,472,390 times
Saw this on the TV news. Not likely over $1. More likely over "victim" assaulting and robbing the "perpetrator's" daughter.

Dad may have gone a bit to far. But I can't muster much sympathy for the dead guy (Who, BTW, was a convicted murderer). We're better off without him.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:03 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
He didn't get murdered over a dollar

He got murdered for assaulting someones daughter

Old 03-18-2016, 07:10 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
He didn't get murdered over a dollar

He got murdered for assaulting someones daughter
True, agree.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:59 PM

1,248 posts, read 4,057,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
During the 80's I got in a fist fight at a korean deli over 10 cents. I purchased a cup of tea and the guy wanted to charge me 10 cents for a wedge of lemon. I went off and trashed the stuff he had near the register. Once I stepped outside he chased after me.

Happened on 8th Street.
Thats why I always say don't ever mess with or try to steal/shoplift anything from a Korean shopkeeper.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:23 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,816,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL28 View Post
Thats why I always say don't ever mess with or try to steal/shoplift anything from a Korean shopkeeper.
https://youtu.be/PmsKGhLdZuQ?t=1m33s

Asians in general don't play around when they get pissed.

But I'm glad the guy died, hopefully it was painful while he stumbled around. Unfortunately for the father that's murder but maybe the judge will sympathize.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:29 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL28 View Post
Better yet don't do business with Korean shop owners. If they offered me a refund on the cup of tea I would have gladly returned it but since I had to keep it a lemon wedge was required.

I remember the tension they had with the black community up in Harlem...selling them substandard produce and treating them like criminals for just walking into their store F Them. They have gotten better over the years though. They learned that what they do in Korea doesn't fly in NYC.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:41 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,816,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
They learned that what they do in Korea doesn't fly in NYC.
Pretty sure they don't have to deal with the scum we find in NYC in their home country. You trashing the Korean's register area fits that category.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:49 AM

1,998 posts, read 1,881,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Pretty sure they don't have to deal with the scum we find in NYC in their home country. You trashing the Korean's register area fits that category.
Reminds me of the movie "do the right thing". The competition to be a small business owner is fierce in your their local area, sometimes they need to be the person willing to do business in the dangerous areas in our society in order to pay the bills. Immigrants are rather brave in my opinion.

There is a great article in Capital New York on all difficulties they go through in order to make money.

Takeout story: Behind bulletproof glass and out on a bike for a Chinese restaurant in Mott Haven | POLITICO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City