Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:43 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,591,700 times

Advertisements

Just like any Thursday night to me but with cheaper beer at choice places.

Last edited by Javawood; 03-17-2016 at 11:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:01 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,928,658 times
The worse times to be in the NYC is during heavy ethnic parades such as St patties, Puerto Rican day parade, Dominican day parade and the West Indian day parade in Brooklyn. Millions of folks get @#&* faced, throwing up, starting fights and so on. A special nod goes to the Halloween parade in the East Village. Thanks to gentrification, change in demographics such ethnic groups and their festivities might now produce as much problems as before.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:54 PM

31,588 posts, read 26,430,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I just walked up 2nd Ave on the UES. This section is usually party central. I've seem much, Much, MUCH worse.

Ditto!

There was a big crowd in front of the usual Second Avenue dives like the Stumble Inn and Brother Jimmy's but overall the avenue was pretty much the same for any Thursday night with nice weather. A few more drunken guys passed out than usual, pools of sick, and NYPD patrols, but overall it is rather peaceful outside.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:38 AM

436 posts, read 561,505 times
I saw some younger people dressed in green as I walked through the East Village yesterday but that's expected and it really wasn't a large amount. I certainly get the impression that a lot of these people are the "bridge and tunnel" folks that don't actually live within the city but frequent certain bars.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:05 PM

15,746 posts, read 14,345,608 times
Saw a minivan full of cops rolling down 2nd Ave walking into bars and giving them the once over. I assumed they were looking for underaged patrons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Ditto!

There was a big crowd in front of the usual Second Avenue dives like the Stumble Inn and Brother Jimmy's but overall the avenue was pretty much the same for any Thursday night with nice weather. A few more drunken guys passed out than usual, pools of sick, and NYPD patrols, but overall it is rather peaceful outside.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Saw a minivan full of cops rolling down 2nd Ave walking into bars and giving them the once over. I assumed they were looking for underaged patrons.

Probably, but who knows.

It still was rather quiet overall on Second Avenue compared to say St. Paddy's days of the early or even middle 1990's. The parade as usual was well attended enough it seems, but the "after parties", not so much. *LOL*

Old 03-18-2016, 04:39 PM

15,746 posts, read 14,345,608 times
It's more hectic when St Patrick's day falls on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I remember one year it was on Sunday, and the drinking started Friday around noon, and the party/mayhem went straight through to Sunday night.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
It's more hectic when St Patrick's day falls on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I remember one year it was on Sunday, and the drinking started Friday around noon, and the party/mayhem went straight through to Sunday night.

You have a point there...

Kids had school on Friday and people unless unemployed or retired had to work. So yes, getting stone cold wasted and staying out until all sorts on a "school night" just isn't smart.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:25 PM

8,902 posts, read 4,687,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswastedlife View Post
I think Halloween night is worse.
I like Halloween. Find it fun. At least where I live, everybody seems to be in a good, festive mood and I enjoy watching the impromptu parade of people dressed up either on their way to a party or trick or treating.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:31 PM

8,902 posts, read 4,687,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneye217 View Post
Walking to/from work, walking on the same block outside my office just to get lunch. There were massive crowds, with many people stumbling into pedestrians, pouring beer on the sidewalks. I get it's a holiday and people want to have fun, but holidays like this that exist to ensue debauchery brings out the worst in people.
Wait until you run smack into the Puerto Rican Day Parade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City