Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 06:56 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,278,015 times

Advertisements

If I'm an unarmed civilian who's not afraid to walk in an unlit project staircase at night, a cop should definitely not be afraid to do it too.

My 2 cents.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 06:59 PM

54 posts, read 49,035 times
Liang is guilty of takin an innocent unarmed citizen's life. The citizen has rights ....how does someone accidentally fire a gun at an unarmed person..then call the union rep and your girlfriend with the man dying ?

also Blake okay the family maybe bias, but there is something called justice. Taking an unarmed citizen's life with a firearm does not equal community service...no matter how you try to paint it.

The officer is guilty but the state is really the guilty party.. why are armed person's patrolling a residential building? Was there a call for a policeman or do poor people live under police surveillance at their residence. I would not live where armed persons are roaming the hallways...especially rookies... but this is the reality for Black Americans. and since the "stop and frisk" money dried up they have to look for crime to fill quotas at the expense of the community. I wouldn't want to get robbed in my resident stairwell but I wouldn't want to live in a police state either.

Some of you guys always say that Black Americans make everything about race, but, an Asian judge dismissing a jury decision and giving community service for an "asian" office who murders an unarmed citizen. seems suspect to me and most rationale people. I am sure it must have crossed your mind.

Someone even mentioned "Black live smatter." I know one thing sometimes you have to put yourself in someones shoes and imagine how you would feel.. instead of making judgements like a back seat driver.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:02 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omari7 View Post
how does someone accidentally fire a gun at an unarmed person
Liang didn't fire a gun at anyone

Old 04-19-2016, 07:06 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Hopefully this will breed more Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley's.
On second thought, why don't you man up p-ssy? I never got to slaughter the last person who shot at me. Too close, so I tackled him and we beat him into a coma instead. Next one tastes permanent dirt.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:08 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
why are armed person's patrolling a residential building?
Fully agree. Cops should not be actively patrolling the projects. Even if they are called, entering should be only on a case-by-case basis. Residents should be required to meet the police outside.

Quote:
Someone even mentioned "Black live smatter." I know one thing sometimes you have to put yourself in someones shoes and imagine how you would feel.. instead of making judgements like a back seat driver.
It is a terrorist organization, and as such, should be "smatter"-ed, as you said.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:10 PM

Oh Blake... The officer was waling in a dark staircase in the projects, and he heard a noise and fired blindly up the dark staircase... it hit the wall and the bullet ricochet ... and killed someone coming down the stairs... then he realized he shot someone... who was unarmed, so he panicked and called the union rep and his girlfriend... then he was sentenced found guilty and the "Asian Judge" dismissed the jury decision and gave the officer "community service." Did I leave something out?
.. did you leave out your full thoughts .. like the victim was a Black thug anyway?

Old 04-19-2016, 07:11 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
This is crap. His conviction was for 2nd degree manslaughter -- recklessly but unintentionally killing someone. That's a class C felony carrying 3.5 to 15 years, which is what he should have gotten. Any non-cop would have gotten that (plus about a million years for weapons offenses). But because he's a cop the system lets him off with a class E and no jail time.

Recklessly: "A person acts recklessly with respect to a result or
to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense when he is
aware of and consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk
that such result will occur or that such circumstance exists. The risk
must be of such nature and degree that disregard thereof constitutes a
gross deviation from the standard of conduct that a reasonable person
would observe in the situation. A person who creates such a risk but is
unaware thereof solely by reason of voluntary intoxication also acts
recklessly with respect thereto."

Walking around a residence on routine patrol with your finger on the trigger is reckless.
Let's be frank here, how often does anyone really truly serve out the above sentences. How many times do you turn on channel 7 and when someone is out there committing crime once the NYPD gets him it turns out he's got 30-40 violent arrests on their record. The American prison system only cares about drug crimes.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:13 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,903,477 times
If you were trying to shoot somebody, you aim at them. You don't try to bounce a bullet down a flight of stairs at somebody you can't see.

The sentencing would have been different had this not been on a vertical patrol in the projects. But this was a vertical patrol in the projects and that changes an officers mindset and actions.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:17 PM

Default "asian judge."

Frankly speaking..."The sentencing would have been different if it wasn't an "asian judge."

Old 04-19-2016, 07:19 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,903,477 times
I guess the black DA who recommended this sentencing had no bearing on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City