U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 4,805 times

Advertisements

I would tell everyone to remain hopeful. I started this process back in August. I was part of the first batch and I'm in the final stages, just waiting for certification and I have a very low log number. I do know that some lottery and market rate renters have moved in already. I also that some people with a log number over 2k were invited to view an apartment which is a good sign. Usually if you make it to an apartment viewing, the actual unit that you view is the unit assigned to you. No news is good news as this can take months to complete. But do check-in weekly or bi-weekly just to ensure you didn't miss a phone call or anything. Good luck all!

Old 12-01-2016, 01:02 PM

114 posts, read 145,823 times
glitter, do you know if people were invited to view apartments after that initial wave in mid-October?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:51 PM

86 posts, read 83,141 times
I have a log number in the teens and wasn't called in till Nov 4th. I'm just sooo confused how this works with the numbers and everything cause I feel numbers don't even matter. Can you tell that I'm getting discouraged.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:59 PM

56 posts, read 74,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latashaw83 View Post
I have a log number in the teens and wasn't called in till Nov 4th. I'm just sooo confused how this works with the numbers and everything cause I feel numbers don't even matter. Can you tell that I'm getting discouraged.
preferences first and then regular log

Old 12-01-2016, 05:11 PM

18 posts, read 20,731 times
I just got back from my intake and was told that a few apartments have been assigned as far as the lottery goes. When I said that I heard everyone will know one was or the other by end of december beginning of january he said no, and likely by end of January but the process is typically 2-10 months and confirmed what JWT said about how they just want to get it all out the door for 461 Dean. Everyone else there was for Carlton. He told me the next step is credit and income verification, consumer report, etc, then called in for 2nd interview and after that its off to HDC where they have the final say.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:12 PM

6 posts, read 6,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter4556 View Post
I had a lower score and was approved. They don't really look at the number but look more at your debt history and if you're making progress on your payment history.
approved by hdc?

Old 12-01-2016, 07:32 PM

137 posts, read 140,623 times
Interesting... hence why I said patience is a virtue.. just keep swimming and applying to other places.. high expectations leads to disappointment.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:52 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,421,717 times
i feel like we are all statues of patience right now!! Also, wow moving during the holidays is going to be a weird new feeling if lucky!!

Last edited by Aquarius37; 12-01-2016 at 08:59 PM..

Old 12-02-2016, 05:25 AM

137 posts, read 140,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
i feel like we are all statues of patience right now!! Also, wow moving during the holidays is going to be a weird new feeling if lucky!!
Hey why not? great start to it and the new year too haha.

All I can say is have fun and keep applying to as many as you want!

Old 12-05-2016, 10:54 AM

91 posts, read 115,227 times
True to form, I'm back to let you know I received an update.
I received a call last week. They seemed to be ready to schedule my TIC interview/intake until they realized my documents were over 120 days old (since I interviewed all the way back in August).

They asked me to resend all the pay stubs I've received since August and latest bank statements and 401k statement. They said they would recalculate to make sure I still fall within income guidelines and if so, schedule my TIC for the apartment they allocated for me, if the numbers are still OK.

I wasn't given any further details. I was not told the size of the apartment nor the move in dates.
I didn't push for the information either, since they have to recalculate income AGAIN. I had no lifestyle change and no raise, so I assume it will be fine, but you never know. So I am still reserved about calling this a win.

I'll update you all on any details I receive, after the TIC interview/intake.

I called to confirm that they received my updated documents today. They did and said they would calculate me again today and give me a call as soon as they knew the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
I am not coming back to this board until they send me a yes or a no in the mail.
I'm exhausted of the confusion and the not knowing and the difference in process for every individual.

I just resigned my lease in my current apartment. I'm blessed that my lease says I can terminate with 30 days at any time. I have a roof over my head and I'm going to be appreciative of that. If this comes through, great. But I refuse to let it vex me any more.

Best of luck to you all! I will let you know if I hear anything, and not a moment sooner.
Ennough is enough with this process.
Peace of mind is worth so much more. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or