Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 05:11 PM

86 posts, read 104,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Best of luck, you got this!
Thank you hun

Old 02-01-2017, 05:14 PM

86 posts, read 104,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikins29 View Post
hi everyone!

I just received the email to resubmit my documents since they had gone stale... has anyone heard anything back after this? also, I still haven't seen any 2 bedrooms go on the market... is anyone waiting seen a 2 bedroom or received a call for a 2 bedroom? any information is much appreciated. nice to be in the waiting room with everyone! good luck all!
I'm waiting for a two bedroom too n have to resubmit paperwork. I'm walking it over there tho. So they can ask whatever questions they have right then n there.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:53 PM

155 posts, read 187,051 times
I viewed the apartment today and sign the lease tomorrow..hopefully I'll see my new neighbors ! All I can say is any housing lottery process requires a lot of patience and perseverance. Just go for it , what do you have to lose?

Old 02-01-2017, 08:32 PM

11 posts, read 24,650 times
Quote:
I viewed the apartment today and sign the lease tomorrow..hopefully I'll see my new neighbors ! All I can say is any housing lottery process requires a lot of patience and perseverance. Just go for it , what do you have to lose?
Congratulations!! Were you able to take pics? A long and tedious process that's over and now you can sit back & enjoy your new place!

Old 02-01-2017, 09:17 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,209 times
Congrats, jrw!!! so good to see someone actually getting one who has been here posting and sharing. My ideal floor plan in that building is one of the triangular studios in the red section. <3 especially over looking the top of barclay's center. (ugh, not a broker for the market rate units, I swear!!!!) the apartment I visited overlooked a construction site and was on a low floor, so that helps a little bit when I get my rejection letter I guess. Landing an affordable unit in a pet friendly building is a total coup too, and that's such a disappointment. Doing it with my dog limits me a bit for other developments, but I won't give her up.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:33 PM

132 posts, read 178,334 times
grats jrw, youre like the only person that got a fast response. Like in less than a month thats amazing. But you deserve it for serving our country like you did. Thank you

Well I was offered a promotion today. Not sure if I should put my life on hold for this. I am sure that i will still be with in the income bracket so its fine. But i dont want to risk anything with this lottery. If my income changes idk what they will do, if theyre making latashaw resubmit paper work and she interviewed in november....I interviewed in october and I havent recieved anything.

This process is so bummy

Old 02-01-2017, 09:44 PM

155 posts, read 187,051 times
Just go for it. You can always update your income brackets. And still keep applying. There's 38 6th Avenue right next door to this one and it's very similar to 461.

Thanks everyone I appreciate it.

Honestly if it were to me I'd pick the promotion over the apt if I had to make the decision. Why , you can still apply but be in a different income bracket. No biggie, yet you can save much money , still a win win situation if it came to it.

I was told I have to update my income bracket every year for recertification, but it won't affect the rent , since it's stabilized.

So Denise. Congrats on the promotion I say go for it ! And still keep applying and annoy Mhany.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:05 PM

Thats easy to say JRW... this is the first lottery I get called for.... Ive been applying for three years... lol

But yeah I am going to keep annoying them. I really hope i get this T_T

Old 02-01-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latashaw83 View Post
I'm waiting for a two bedroom too n have to resubmit paperwork. I'm walking it over there tho. So they can ask whatever questions they have right then n there.

Hey LAt, Please do share what happened when you went in. Did they say anything about when we will find out our fate?

Old 02-02-2017, 04:41 AM

40 posts, read 50,031 times
Quote:
Congrats!! This is such great news! I wish you the best in your new place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery