U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 07:47 AM

45 posts, read 35,800 times

Advertisements

Congrats JRW13. For myself I am in the running for a 1 bedroom. Not sure if they will pigeon hole me into a 2 bedroom which is more than I can afford due to the high demand for the 1 bedrooms in my income bracket. That's the only concern I have beside the obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 07:55 AM

54 posts, read 38,208 times
So I've been getting incredibly frustrated due b/c I've been in the game since August and haven't heard anything in months... tried to follow up yesterday and got this email: "More than likely , you have been put on a wait list however until all apartments have been occupied we have to hold out sending anything definite in regards to that."

First of all, I've never received anything about a waitlist when all the other letters went out to people... secondly, the last time they updated my paperwork in November they told me it would be a really quick turnaround... and finally, the person who replied to my email clearly didn't even check my file.

So I replied asking them to check my actual file, also asking why would I be waitlisted when they're interviewing others? Of course, no response now.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:11 AM

19 posts, read 10,444 times
There are a lot of empty apartments on my floor, and that are still being worked at. There is a lot of apartments unfinished and from observing there is not a lot of residents in as yet. I have a 1 bedroom, it is really cozy, the staff is friendly and the concierge are great. so people hang tight..

Old 02-02-2017, 08:13 AM

19 posts, read 10,444 times
i have stuff all over the apartment, when i get a chance i will try and take a few pic

Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 AM

126 posts, read 87,187 times
It is a lot of frustration.. what would be a better way to go through 84000 plus applicants and narrowing it down to 181 residents manually. Nothing in mhany is electronic hence why the process is super slow. Plus the building is still under construction they got the certification for up to the 19th floor and floor 20 just got finished yesterday out of the 32 floors.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:46 AM

150 posts, read 117,365 times
Congrats JRW! I just signed my lease this morning. I've been sharing on here since August so I know it's a long frustrating process, but it's worth it! Good luck everybody!

Old 02-02-2017, 09:05 AM

25 posts, read 13,098 times
When do you guys officially move in?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:33 AM

150 posts, read 117,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlbrat View Post
When do you guys officially move in?
March 1 for me, you?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:37 AM

16 posts, read 11,432 times
Lets see some real life studio photos!

Old 02-02-2017, 10:06 AM

16 posts, read 11,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
So I've been getting incredibly frustrated due b/c I've been in the game since August and haven't heard anything in months... tried to follow up yesterday and got this email: "More than likely , you have been put on a wait list however until all apartments have been occupied we have to hold out sending anything definite in regards to that."

First of all, I've never received anything about a waitlist when all the other letters went out to people... secondly, the last time they updated my paperwork in November they told me it would be a really quick turnaround... and finally, the person who replied to my email clearly didn't even check my file.

So I replied asking them to check my actual file, also asking why would I be waitlisted when they're interviewing others? Of course, no response now.
I understand you frustration. I'm in the same boat as you. Interviewed in late September and haven't heard anything yet. Initially when I 1st started calling it was no news is good news. Today when I called not even knowing my log number or that I had a preference I was told I was most likely put on the wait list. I proceeded to ask how is that possible when people are getting interviewed and when I have a preference and low log number and had all the documents needed during my intake interview. After hearing my log number and preference the representative changed her answer saying there are still apartments available and that I could be called soon. What I took from this is they are just telling us anything at this point to get us of of there hair. I understand they are dealing with more than one listing but there has to be a more efficient way to keep applicants informed. I mean I know people whom have moved into affordable housing apartments and their process was nothing like this. It makes you not want to apply with others because your scared you'll go through the same thing again. God forbid I get selected for an interview for another listing they are in control of and have to go through this all over again. I'm uncertain to why they have even opened the building for rent if all of their floors weren't certified. It's all up in the air for now I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City