U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2017, 05:22 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,497,966 times

Advertisements

omg, NO not "last priority!"

What happens to us then if we DONT decide to move elsewhere and just flat out become homeless? Do we get a priority preference too? Just sit outside all day long in a tent outside the Barclay's Center? We would be CB, still, no?

Old 02-04-2017, 07:46 PM

774 posts, read 723,748 times
Hey, if you move into a shelter, you get priority! And if HPD rejected you you'd get a letter. A rejection letter is required, just as an offer to appeal is required. You've got to relax. Go smoke something, anything.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:10 PM

74 posts, read 102,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Yes you have a choice as long it's after the lease approval date. Mine was the 20th.
Thanks for answering! Congratulations!

Old 02-05-2017, 11:44 AM

137 posts, read 142,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
omg, NO not "last priority!"

What happens to us then if we DONT decide to move elsewhere and just flat out become homeless? Do we get a priority preference too? Just sit outside all day long in a tent outside the Barclay's Center? We would be CB, still, no?
Hey take it easy, it's still far from over. There has to be at least 100 apartments to be filled in. Number is a total estimate/guess. Just go about your biz and it will come when you least expect it...

Old 02-05-2017, 11:46 AM

137 posts, read 142,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
Thanks for answering! Congratulations!
I appreciate it, just also trying my best to help all the hopefuls and potentials as well. This is something not to stress on.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:18 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,497,966 times
It is TOTALLY something to stress on hahaha! Shelter is our most basic need as humans, other than food, but you can always find free food somewhere if you aren't a dick about it. Sometimes I feel like dangling these luxury apartments in peoples' faces is a bit cruel. I'd rather be able to live in an apartment that was renovated and new, or old and renovated, than these hyper faux-luxury apartments with amenities and fixtures and appliances and the obligatory yoga rooms, play rooms, eat your cereal here rooms, etc. Sorry, just jealousing out right now

Old 02-05-2017, 07:35 PM

260 posts, read 204,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
I appreciate it, just also trying my best to help all the hopefuls and potentials as well. This is something not to stress on.
Congratulations on your apt big blessings to you. Can I ask what was your log and were you CB? It's been a week and still in the hands of hpd from me. It's just my self and my child I hope to hear soon.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:55 AM

74 posts, read 74,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I'm totally over it this waiting game. HPD must have rejected me, but apparently if HPD rejects you after everything was sent you don't even GET a response back telling you so. How rude.

Aquarius your paperwork was sent to HDC and you never heard back? If you call them and inquire very politely, they can at least check if they have your paperwork... they did for me, but mine wasn't there yet.

... and just an FYI, it is HDC (Housing Development Corporation), not HPD (Housing Preservation and Development), who is overseeing this lottery. The two agencies divide the city's lotteries up between them (this is what HPD told me when I called them first).

Old 02-06-2017, 09:15 AM

6 posts, read 4,633 times
Went for the intake interview today...

MHANY seems pretty unorganized... I'm just praying that my paperwork makes it to HDC in one piece.

They didn't give me any information that I didn't know except for telling me that the process takes 2-10 months. They didn't tell me which units I'd be eligible for or anything else.

I suppose the wait begins now.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:48 AM

132 posts, read 146,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prayingforthelottery View Post
Went for the intake interview today...

MHANY seems pretty unorganized... I'm just praying that my paperwork makes it to HDC in one piece.

They didn't give me any information that I didn't know except for telling me that the process takes 2-10 months. They didn't tell me which units I'd be eligible for or anything else.

I suppose the wait begins now.
log number? are you cb pref? municipal? disability? Also what income range , 2br? 1br? studio/? low/mid/high?

We are trying to gage the process and that info could really help us. You can just give us a range for your log number. Like if your log is 580 then say 5xx

Everything you said is spot on I interviewed in October and I had to show them my confirmation email because they didn't even have me on the list of people to see that day T_T The woman who tended to me was so kind and organized though. (but its clearly A mess over there)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or