U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 02:16 PM

31 posts, read 28,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamdown nic View Post
the space is great... whosoever getting in, just be thankful
Did you email the concierge about your move in date? If so, did they reply quickly?

Old 02-07-2017, 02:31 PM

186 posts, read 207,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlbrat View Post
Did you email the concierge about your move in date? If so, did they reply quickly?
I emailed them to schedule my move in time and key pick up, they were very prompt (responded in about 10 min) and helpful.

Last edited by ComaLiving; 02-07-2017 at 03:45 PM..

Old 02-07-2017, 02:55 PM

31 posts, read 28,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
I emailed them to schedule my move in time and key pick up, they were very prompt (responded in about 10 min) and helpful.
They never emailed me back I emailed them yesterday. Hopefully I get a response soon. This move is giving me anxiety lol

Old 02-07-2017, 03:00 PM

74 posts, read 74,783 times
Guys I just went in to sign off on my HDC paperwork. They're completely stressed and overwhelmed but my rep today was still totally polite and sweet. I got the rundown on what to expect for myself, and this may be applicable to some of the rest of you waiting.

Everyone is now being called in by log number within their respective income bracket to sign HDC releases for that final approval. However - if someone with a lower log number appeals a rejection WHILE your paperwork is in HDC review, you can STILL lose the place to that person with a lower log number and find yourself back on the waitlist. It's not final til that lease is signed, people...

Apparently my income bracket has very few apartments left (and had the least to begin with, anyway). I was offered a studio - no 1 bedrooms left (or not being offered for this bracket, unclear). They have not assigned me a specific unit - so many things are in flux, it's just not feasible. I am set up to view a unit (not necessarily "mine," just a unit...). The closest appt available was in 2 weeks... the next viewing appointment after that was not until March.

So. Back to waiting. Congrats to those already in... I am hoping hoping hoping to join you all soon, but still far from the end of the road.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:10 PM

19 posts, read 17,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
How did the move-in work, did you use a service elevator? Is it easy to get to?
you would have to schedule a move-in time so you would have access to the elevator, its not too much of a hassle, there are carts there where your able to use to get bulk stuff on

Old 02-07-2017, 03:13 PM

19 posts, read 17,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlbrat View Post
no i actually did not.. i had to call the number that was provided to get an answer. when i spoke with the concierge i was told that i was on the list of people to call... 3 days later

Old 02-07-2017, 03:42 PM

186 posts, read 207,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
Guys I just went in to sign off on my HDC paperwork. They're completely stressed and overwhelmed but my rep today was still totally polite and sweet. I got the rundown on what to expect for myself, and this may be applicable to some of the rest of you waiting.

Everyone is now being called in by log number within their respective income bracket to sign HDC releases for that final approval. However - if someone with a lower log number appeals a rejection WHILE your paperwork is in HDC review, you can STILL lose the place to that person with a lower log number and find yourself back on the waitlist. It's not final til that lease is signed, people...

Apparently my income bracket has very few apartments left (and had the least to begin with, anyway). I was offered a studio - no 1 bedrooms left (or not being offered for this bracket, unclear). They have not assigned me a specific unit - so many things are in flux, it's just not feasible. I am set up to view a unit (not necessarily "mine," just a unit...). The closest appt available was in 2 weeks... the next viewing appointment after that was not until March.

So. Back to waiting. Congrats to those already in... I am hoping hoping hoping to join you all soon, but still far from the end of the road.
Wow, this is intense. I'm sending everybody good vibes out there. It sounds like it's getting down to the wire.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:01 PM

16 posts, read 17,169 times
Quote:

So basically even if you have a preference it doesn't matter at this point. From my knowledge correct me anyone if I'm wrong but I haven't heard of any municipal employee receiving a unit besides one person whom said they were CB preference as well. This process is totally draining. Its understandable for things not to go 1,2,3 but its like every other week someone is being told something different. We are told if you have a preference thats a good thing and now it means nothing which is ridiculous. Not only do I have a municipal preference but I have a low log number and have only been told that there is no waitlist or rejection letter on file for me yet I havent been called in to sign any additional paperwork for HDC. This process can surely turn an optimist into a pessimist.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:53 PM

74 posts, read 74,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey17 View Post
So basically even if you have a preference it doesn't matter at this point. From my knowledge correct me anyone if I'm wrong but I haven't heard of any municipal employee receiving a unit besides one person whom said they were CB preference as well. This process is totally draining. Its understandable for things not to go 1,2,3 but its like every other week someone is being told something different. We are told if you have a preference thats a good thing and now it means nothing which is ridiculous. Not only do I have a municipal preference but I have a low log number and have only been told that there is no waitlist or rejection letter on file for me yet I havent been called in to sign any additional paperwork for HDC. This process can surely turn an optimist into a pessimist.
We didn't discuss preference today, that's why it's not in my post... I don't know HOW they incorporate preference into all of that other nonsense, lol, but HDC told me they're SUPPOSED to start pulling the preferences (disabilities first, then the others - can't remember if municipal comes before or after CB), then go for non-preference applicants last. Presumably they then, within those categories, go by income bracket, then within all of those breakdowns, log # to determine the order. But I suspect the whole thing is more nuanced and fluid then rigid, with so many moving pieces in play at once.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:07 PM

132 posts, read 146,691 times
Quote:

what bracket are you in crwnheights? the 600$ one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or