Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 01:34 PM

19 posts, read 22,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerumBabe View Post
Gorgeous. Is that from a studio or 1bdrm?
Its a 1bedroom.. its cozy

Old 02-08-2017, 01:34 PM

132 posts, read 177,899 times
Sorry I am not being clear. I don't think its over for all of you. I think its over for my income bracket. I was appling for a middle income studio/1br

I don't mean to discourage anyone. I am ONLY referring to my situation.
I don't want to get my hopes up anymore because tbh his always happens to me. Ill only get let down more down the line. The universe likes to play cruel jokes. I'm going to hop off these forums for a while and keep my crying to myself. I will keep you informed if I hear anything.

Good luck Latashaw, I hope you get the 2 br for you and your boys (I haven't heard anything about those being full) and congrats to all those who got their apartments.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlbrat View Post
Was that number the 866 number on the paper they gave you after the lease signing? I called but no one answers. Still no response from the email I sent
yea.. nobody answered, but i got a call back same day and they then contacted the concierge

Old 02-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamdown nic View Post
yea.. nobody answered, but i got a call back same day and they then contacted the concierge
i think if you havent heard anything and you already signed the lease, swing by. I see around 20 keys lined out.. they are nice at the front desk

Old 02-08-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Walls? Do they require you have a carpet that cover most of the living area? I like rugs, so that wouldn't be an issue for me, but some people get bent when they can't have their naked wood all showing.
yes 80%.. the floors are really not that great.. squeaky in parts.. thats why its required

Old 02-08-2017, 01:42 PM

31 posts, read 37,630 times
Quote:
i think if you havent heard anything and you already signed the lease, swing by. I see around 20 keys lined out.. they are nice at the front desk
Yeah maybe I'll do that if they don't answer by next week. I don't get my keys until March 1st anyway, but whats stressing me is the actually move in date with my furniture because the place I bought them from are going to be delivering it.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:44 PM

31 posts, read 37,630 times
Quote:
yes 80%.. the floors are really not that great.. squeaky in parts.. thats why its required
Thats strange they never told me anything about floor or wall requirements.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:47 PM

114 posts, read 179,636 times
Coma, I admire your optimism, but remember that in October a lot of people got formal waitlist letters -- at the time, it was people with CB preference whose numbers were in the 6000s and higher. For all the ways this lottery is being crummily run, I think it's kind of clear that space is running out. What a shame. I spent way too much time worrying about this.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:54 PM

186 posts, read 263,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlbrat View Post
Yeah maybe I'll do that if they don't answer by next week. I don't get my keys until March 1st anyway, but whats stressing me is the actually move in date with my furniture because the place I bought them from are going to be delivering it.
Hi GameGirl,

When you contact the concierge, they will schedule a two hour time block for you to use the service elevator and move in. You can pick up the key at the same time.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:58 PM

132 posts, read 177,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
Coma, I admire your optimism, but remember that in October a lot of people got formal waitlist letters -- at the time, it was people with CB preference whose numbers were in the 6000s and higher. For all the ways this lottery is being crummily run, I think it's kind of clear that space is running out. What a shame. I spent way too much time worrying about this.
I feel the same way you do. The fact that they don't offer status updates is so lame. The should have a website that informs you of your status. Maybe do everything electronically.

It's BS that they're interviewing more people than they can actually house; its cruel really.If you interview 5 or 6 people more and LET them know that they're interviewing for a waiting list then I suppose that's okay. But the way they're doing it is so cruel.

I've been waiting for 5mths its been a nightmare. To be honest, I learned more from people on the forums than I did from Mhny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery