Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 02:00 PM

186 posts, read 263,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydipped12 View Post
Hi! I'm new. And I have NO idea how to use this board. PLEASE forgive me if I'm bad at it.
I got the call that I'll be hearing from the building about my lease signing within 2 weeks. Coma...you're in, yah? Wondering if you'd mind answering a question? I saw a unit. Back in October. I was one of the first to see one. They said this was the exact unit I'd be moving into. Anybody tried & had any luck requesting a different unit? Higher floor, different layout. Whatever? Are they all the same floorplan for us who went through this process? Anybody know? Any feedback from anyone would be much appreciated! :-)
Hey Honeydipped! And welcome,

We've all seen different layouts and have had different experiences, I got the same layout I was shown but on a different floor. So you may end up with something new.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Old 02-12-2017, 02:37 PM

10 posts, read 15,489 times
Thanks, jr. I think I now qualify for a 1 bdrm at $2500. I lost out in the $1990 rent by a few dollars. Literally. 😣 A little too expensive for me but will go through with the process and decide when and if the times comes.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:21 PM

15 posts, read 15,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
Hey Honeydipped! And welcome,

We've all seen different layouts and have had different experiences, I got the same layout I was shown but on a different floor. So you may end up with something new.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
You were very helpful! :-)
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

Old 02-12-2017, 07:50 PM

155 posts, read 186,550 times
Any knows if there's WiFi in the building?

Maybe I can end up meeting my new neighbors!

Old 02-13-2017, 08:31 AM

35 posts, read 75,093 times
Sent an email to HDC last week about MHANY. Got a response this morning
"
Dear Mr. Sh** out luck, (my little joke)
In response to your inquiry below, please be advised that as the monitoring agency, HDC is responsible for reviewing the lottery log at regular intervals in order to confirm that Management is following our guidelines when determining the order of processing. In accordance with the HDC/HPD Marketing Guidelines, applications that qualify for the set-aside and preference categories are processed first in log number order. Once these categories are filled, management can begin to process the non-set-aside and non-preference applications in log number order. Once all units in an income tier are filled, any eligible applicants that remain will be placed on the waitlist. In order to not delay the initial rent-up process, management will interview more applicants than units available because it is not uncommon for applicants to “drop out” at various stages of processing. However, management will only sign leases for the correct number of units and only after applicants are approved by HDC/HPD.
THEN THEY LET ME FINALLY KNOW MY STATUS
Your application was reached for initial processing as a disability preference for one of the ten units set aside for applicants with mobility impairments. HDC has confirmed that all of the disability units have been assigned to applicants with lower log numbers. You will therefore be receiving a waiting list letter within the next few weeks. We encourage you to look for any new opportunities for which you may be eligible. Participating in more lotteries, including those for buildings in different areas of the City that might not be your first preference, can only increase the odds that one of your applications will be selected. Please continue to check various media outlets, such as daily newspapers, as well as local and ethnic newspapers where these ads are typically placed.

We thank you for your interest in our programs and wish you success in your apartment search."
Ohhhh well.
Well, good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those that have gotten in. Found out from my union, we'll be getting a 2% raise for the next 3 years and met with my supervisor last week and I'm being offered a promotion. So I guess I'm going to look into buying a condo instead. Guess it works itself out in the end.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:57 AM

45 posts, read 59,468 times
US can you tell me the email address to HDC. It seems we would get a better answer then what MAHNY is telling us or not telling us.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:54 PM

35 posts, read 75,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynsfinest1 View Post
US can you tell me the email address to HDC. It seems we would get a better answer then what MAHNY is telling us or not telling us.
Here you go
hdccompliance@nychdc.com

You'll definitely get better info from them. MHANY is doing 38 6th Ave. oh lord.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:16 PM

71 posts, read 118,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manohla View Post
Thanks, jr. I think I now qualify for a 1 bdrm at $2500. I lost out in the $1990 rent by a few dollars. Literally. 😣 A little too expensive for me but will go through with the process and decide when and if the times comes.
Manogia, Can you share your masked log number. Also do you have preference. Just trying to get a feel for where they are in the process.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:29 PM

45 posts, read 59,468 times
I wonder are those who are Municipal employees still waiting or did they start on that preference already?

Old 02-13-2017, 02:37 PM

16 posts, read 21,002 times
I'm still waiting and im a municipal employee. I haven't heard of any municipal employees getting units as of yet so I guess its a waiting game for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery