U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 03:10 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,145,349 times

Advertisements

quote:
Then she started coughing like she just smoked a pound and I couldn't make out the rest, but I think they make a judgment call once they get all of your documentation.

LFMAO. It's at that exact part of this process where "favorites" come into play. Everyone knows it. Corruption is NYC's biggest employer. Airman, did you ever wind up getting anything? I just got waitlisted for Carleton. I have zero hope for 6th avenue... I think the log #'s come up soon for that one.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 03:56 PM

23 posts, read 13,053 times
Thanks!

Old 03-04-2017, 06:01 PM

34 posts, read 27,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
Then she started coughing like she just smoked a pound and I couldn't make out the rest, but I think they make a judgment call once they get all of your documentation.

LFMAO. It's at that exact part of this process where "favorites" come into play. Everyone knows it. Corruption is NYC's biggest employer. Airman, did you ever wind up getting anything? I just got waitlisted for Carleton. I have zero hope for 6th avenue... I think the log #'s come up soon for that one.
After I sent the complaint email to HDC and they responded and told me that I was put on the wait list, then 2 days later MHANY sent me the email saying I was on the wait list. lol. ya think I might have pissed someone off? Lolol.
Well I can't wait to look the people from HDC in the eye because I'm on a committee to meet with them about the issues with the lottery process. Ohhhhhhh do I have a lot to say.
38 Sixth Ave, I have no excitement for it after this building. I doubt if I even get picked for an interview.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:12 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,145,349 times
Keep us updated. This whole process while totally disheartening has been weirdly interesting. I too have zero hope for 38 6th ave. Somehow I managed to get picked randomly for dean and carlton. Pisses me off how far I made it into the process, months and months of back and forth only to be wait-listed with little chance of ever getting called according to both emails. Don't show people apartments they have no chances of getting ,ugh.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:50 PM

40 posts, read 31,740 times
Hi everyone,

So just wanted to update everyone, after a lot of thinking between my husband and myself we have decided to turn down the 461 dean apt. We have to do what is best for our family. And the 2 bedroom we were offered is not it. It is way too small for a family to live and grow. In the same price range, granted in a less "desireable" neighborhood we can find something 2 times the size. Something we can grow in, not these tiny apartments. I may sound ungrateful since lottery apts are so hard to get but its just not for us. I hope someone on the waitlist gets bumped up and given this apt. Someone who can truly enjoy it..good luck to everyone!

Old 03-04-2017, 10:00 PM

184 posts, read 156,317 times
I just moved into 461 Dean today. I will say the concierge is great, staff is fantastic, and the amenities are awesome. My one bedroom apartment far exceeded my expectations.

Perfect for single people with nieces and nephews!

Old 03-04-2017, 10:03 PM

Are any utilities included in the rent?

Old 03-04-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynGT22 View Post
Are any utilities included in the rent?
No, the AC and heat come in the electric bill.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:30 PM

90,000 people applied for 181 available units. It's a legitimate lottery, not a need based program. Feeling like you're owed one or deserve one makes no difference to the system. Just because you didn't get one doesn't make the system corrupt.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:05 PM

Question:

Can somebody explain log #s? This is the first time I have ever been contacted.

If somebody has been on a waitlist for 4-5 months and I recently submit my paperwork and have a lower log #.

Will I have the preference? (Sounds crazy but that is what I have read)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City