U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-11-2017, 07:05 PM
 
3,700 posts, read 2,797,532 times
Reputation: 2614

Advertisements

I still can't wrap my head around the 120% and 140% income bands... which is a MAJORITY of the units going up at the 6th ave site... my last hope :/ but there's only 6 apartments available for people in the 80% band. but like 100 for the 120 and 140... affordable housing for people who make WAY OVER the median income of the neighborhood.

 
Old 03-11-2017, 08:21 PM
 
71 posts, read 101,049 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr8408 View Post
Do you know if they work on Saturdays?

I called 2x yesterday and emailed and they kept saying they would get back to me.
JR8408, are you also in the middle band income range?. Just trying to figure out how you were already called with 6XXX log with no preference
 
Old 03-12-2017, 09:37 AM
 
31 posts, read 27,750 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bblessed View Post
JR8408, are you also in the middle band income range?. Just trying to figure out how you were already called with 6XXX log with no preference
I think I'll fit into the higher income band. They were still calculating my income last I checked, so they haven't even told me where I fit yet.
 
Old 03-12-2017, 04:50 PM
 
71 posts, read 101,049 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr8408 View Post
I think I'll fit into the higher income band. They were still calculating my income last I checked, so they haven't even told me where I fit yet.
Ah...I see. Thanks for answering. This was for the intake. I thought you were called back to be shown an apartment. I think they just started showing apartments to the non-preference group this month. More than likely your number will come up by the end of the month. When it does, please be sure to inquire of available studios and one -beds that are left and report back. Thanks so much.
 
Old 03-13-2017, 08:18 AM
 
23 posts, read 19,969 times
Reputation: 12
Does anybody know what happens when your income is in between two bands?

For example, one band's salary range is 25000-30000
And the next band is 35000-45000.

And your income is $33000?
 
Old 03-13-2017, 08:20 AM
 
1,211 posts, read 1,305,804 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynGT22 View Post
Does anybody know what happens when your income is in between two bands?

For example, one band's salary range is 25000-30000
And the next band is 35000-45000.

And your income is $33000?
DQ'd.
 
Old 03-13-2017, 08:48 AM
 
23 posts, read 19,969 times
Reputation: 12
Hmm. Ok then. I'll prolly end up appealing.

When I applied, I was in a bracket.

A month ago, I received a raise and am now in between my previous bracket and the next one.
 
Old 03-13-2017, 11:11 AM
 
186 posts, read 219,823 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynGT22 View Post
Hmm. Ok then. I'll prolly end up appealing.

When I applied, I was in a bracket.

A month ago, I received a raise and am now in between my previous bracket and the next one.
Unfortunately they'll use your current salary and not the one at the time of applying.
 
Old 03-13-2017, 02:28 PM
 
6 posts, read 4,368 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
Unfortunately they'll use your current salary and not the one at the time of applying.
^is that absolutely true? How strict are they?

I just got called for an interview and literally was informed of a raise 2 days ago which puts me $150 over the bracket I was in. Now when I ask HR for an employment letter it will be the new salary. ARGH this whole process.
 
Old 03-13-2017, 02:35 PM
 
1,211 posts, read 1,305,804 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaoplol View Post
^is that absolutely true? How strict are they?

I just got called for an interview and literally was informed of a raise 2 days ago which puts me $150 over the bracket I was in. Now when I ask HR for an employment letter it will be the new salary. ARGH this whole process.
They are VERY strict. Ask for a rollback of the raise before your next paycheck is issued, lol. But remember there are other things that are added on top of your salary, such as overtime, bonuses, income from assets (0.06% of your asset total), etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top