U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-04-2017, 05:55 PM
 
33 posts, read 42,510 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Signed lease today. Was lucky to get an M unit studio otherwise not sure if I would've signed.

 
Old 05-05-2017, 03:01 PM
 
30 posts, read 29,416 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_k View Post
Signed lease today. Was lucky to get an M unit studio otherwise not sure if I would've signed.
Was it the last one available? I was just approved by HDC for an band 5 studio and I would love one with a city view like the M layout, did you see other units? What was available?

I'm shaking I'm so thrilled.

EDIT: When you sign the lease, what payment did you need to bring? I would love to know if you do deposit at lease signing. I suppose if you got an M unit I probably won't, but I'm still keeping fingers crossed.

Are the move in dates still really strict?
What is the amenities price at Band 5?

Last edited by newyorkstucco; 05-05-2017 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: More questions for adi_k
 
Old 05-05-2017, 06:08 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,032 times
Reputation: 10
Hello i also got a email and letter i am Log #18,8XX 1bd , my interview is next week as well
 
Old 05-05-2017, 06:23 PM
 
30 posts, read 29,416 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvetteca View Post
Hello i also got a email and letter i am Log #18,8XX 1bd , my interview is next week as well
What band are you in? I thought they were out of 1 bedrooms?
 
Old 05-06-2017, 02:22 PM
 
15 posts, read 13,746 times
Reputation: 11
been a while.. move in next week .. was a grueling process but hopefully its worth it? .. question for anyone living there already..what is that electric bill like?
 
Old 05-06-2017, 04:33 PM
 
33 posts, read 42,510 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkstucco View Post
Was it the last one available? I was just approved by HDC for an band 5 studio and I would love one with a city view like the M layout, did you see other units? What was available?

I'm shaking I'm so thrilled.

EDIT: When you sign the lease, what payment did you need to bring? I would love to know if you do deposit at lease signing. I suppose if you got an M unit I probably won't, but I'm still keeping fingers crossed.

Are the move in dates still really strict?
What is the amenities price at Band 5?
Hey sent you a DM with some thoughts. Tbh the small studios are eh, the corner studio is the only studio that I was shown that I'd consider. I saw the P and R units. The R is bigger but feels sad. The R is very small but the two windows are awesome - but its still freaking small.

Band 5 amenities is $56/month.

Lease is one month + one month security. So two months cost. $1996*2

Move in dates - push for the latest possible.
 
Old 05-06-2017, 07:30 PM
 
68 posts, read 145,505 times
Reputation: 31
Where does it say 1 bedroom on your letter? I keep getting letters (2) and emails (2) but I don't want to go for an interview (collect paperwork) for a studio. I don't see any information about the apartment options on the communications I've received.
 
Old 05-07-2017, 12:57 PM
 
71 posts, read 97,388 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by readysteady View Post
Where does it say 1 bedroom on your letter? I keep getting letters (2) and emails (2) but I don't want to go for an interview (collect paperwork) for a studio. I don't see any information about the apartment options on the communications I've received.
I said these same while I was getting my paperwork prepared this weekend - why am I going through this for a studio? A lottery apartment would be my last apartment which I want to stay in for the next 35 years...I CANNOT stay in a studio for the next 35 years.
 
Old 05-07-2017, 04:04 PM
 
74 posts, read 102,582 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bblessed View Post
I said these same while I was getting my paperwork prepared this weekend - why am I going through this for a studio? A lottery apartment would be my last apartment which I want to stay in for the next 35 years...I CANNOT stay in a studio for the next 35 years.
I feel the same way. I entered hoping for a one bedroom at 535 Carlton. I toured a studio and it was just a sad little studio. I don't know what I'll end up doing if the city approves me.
 
Old 05-08-2017, 10:46 AM
 
3 posts, read 2,861 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkstucco View Post
I saw a K unit and N unit, one on 19 and one on 20.

The K unit had an unbelievable view, peeking out right above the barclay center into manhattan. The N unit felt larger with a south facing view. The woman showing said both were around 530 square feet. Most units I saw online were in fact much larger. It seems the affordable units are smaller as well, go figure.
Thanks.. yea I was shown 2 K units. The views were very nice, but idk how I feel about the amount of living space for $2k a month. I know it's a pretty damn good deal considering the location + luxury style building but I'm still iffy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top