Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 10:50 AM

50 posts, read 79,635 times

Advertisements

ITs looking like another week with no answers as to whether we've been approved or not smh

Old 09-28-2016, 12:03 PM

246 posts, read 485,747 times
Hey everyone that is waiting to hear back from management. No news is GOOD news. if you were to get a rejection letter it most likely will come through the mail. a few people in this thread received a rejection letter through the mail. I think everyone will be contacted when we are not thinking about it. I know its hard its very hard. i think about this everyday but we just have to all be patient.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:31 PM

18 posts, read 25,907 times
Did anyone try to call this week and follow up ?

Old 09-28-2016, 02:48 PM

91 posts, read 136,654 times
Yes.

They literally said to me what Sammy36 just said to all of us: No news is good news.
They also said: It's all a waiting game now. No news is good news. If we need anything additional from you, we will reach out.

The above words are not my words, this was said to me as a response from when I reached out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelether View Post
Did anyone try to call this week and follow up ?

Old 09-28-2016, 03:24 PM

114 posts, read 180,092 times
I feel like I have too much crazy in my life rn! Wishing us all a bit of serenity, and hopefully good news in the near future.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:19 PM

16 posts, read 23,448 times
I've been kind of obsessing about this for the last few weeks. I'm pleased that i haven't heard anything. My log number is in the 1,800s. I live in a CB preference also, but i'm not sure if they know that, how would i know? I had my interview sometime back in August. It feels good to know i'm not the only one going through this.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:27 PM

16 posts, read 23,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
If your previous contact with them was through email, that's what they'll likely use to accept or reject you. I can tell you that once all your documents are in, and they've accepted your money order for the credit check, no news is good news. It means so far, so good, but that things are at a standstill for reasons that have nothing to do with you. Rejections come quickly. If the marketing agent has a question about something in your file, you'll be called on the phone. Every marketing agent does things a bit differently. You might be called in to sign permissions to release your tax records, your bank statements, etc. Every move you make is verified. Some do this at the first interview, some do it later. It varies. Good luck.

I didn't hear anythinn about a credit check. Tell me more...

Old 09-28-2016, 04:58 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,248 times
Hi everyone!

Update:

I took the advice of calling them and seeing if I could be reconsidered after I cancelled my interview worrying about the pet weight limit. I actually got a hold of someone on the phone this time! He told me don't worry and that I can appeal. He said people will be getting their rejection letters in the mail soon and that I will get one saying I was rejected for not showing up to the interview. And then you have 10 days to appeal from the DATE of the letter and he said they will schedule me another interview. A few hour later (i had written an email early this morning before calling mid morning) saying basically the same thing.

I know my chances have probably been decimated by cancelling the original interview, but it feels good for me to try again for something I REALLY want. (I made up too many excuses as to why I didn't, half of them bordering on the absurd).

So I'm going to appeal and then go to the interview, if anything, just for practice since I'm in a bunch of other lotteries as well. Good luck everyone!

Thanks to all the posters who encouraged me to reapply and not sell myself (or my sweet dog) short!

Old 09-28-2016, 05:14 PM

246 posts, read 485,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Hi everyone!

Update:

I took the advice of calling them and seeing if I could be reconsidered after I cancelled my interview worrying about the pet weight limit. I actually got a hold of someone on the phone this time! He told me don't worry and that I can appeal. He said people will be getting their rejection letters in the mail soon and that I will get one saying I was rejected for not showing up to the interview. And then you have 10 days to appeal from the DATE of the letter and he said they will schedule me another interview. A few hour later (i had written an email early this morning before calling mid morning) saying basically the same thing.

I know my chances have probably been decimated by cancelling the original interview, but it feels good for me to try again for something I REALLY want. (I made up too many excuses as to why I didn't, half of them bordering on the absurd).

So I'm going to appeal and then go to the interview, if anything, just for practice since I'm in a bunch of other lotteries as well. Good luck everyone!

Thanks to all the posters who encouraged me to reapply and not sell myself (or my sweet dog) short!
Good for you. This might be yours.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:20 PM

50 posts, read 79,635 times
Ugh so theres still a chance of us getting a rejection letter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.