Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 11:56 AM

115 posts, read 146,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidontheblock8 View Post
I believe I'm band 3 then (would the third from lowest be band 3?), no preferences.
Yes, that's band 3 and see I don't understand I had a lower log number but yet I'm on waitlist and was told that all the apartments for this band was gone? But, yet you have a higher log number than I do with no preferences and was approve to move forward to HDC? Now, I'm wondering if they are picking and choosing who to pass through . I thought after the initial interview it would go by log numbers according to the band? I'm a bit more than upset knowing this now

Old 04-26-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
Yes, that's band 3 and see I don't understand I had a lower log number but yet I'm on waitlist and was told that all the apartments for this band was gone? But, yet you have a higher log number than I do with no preferences and was approve to move forward to HDC? Now, I'm wondering if they are picking and choosing who to pass through . I thought after the initial interview it would go by log numbers according to the band? I'm a bit more than upset knowing this now

Sorry newkidontheblock....I'm not upset with you, but very very upset with MHANY and wondering how they decide who to move forward with and who not? Honestly, I don't want to be a bitter you know what but this whole process has made me very frustrated and leaving a bitter taste in my mouth on how MHANY is managing things.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:36 PM

4 posts, read 6,102 times
Anyone that moved in already during the earlier half of this year can give some insight on the Internet service companies and how much they pay in electric bill on average

Old 04-26-2017, 03:59 PM

74 posts, read 93,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerumBabe View Post
Hi Everyone!

Today, I received an email for an intake. Same email they sent me from the very beginning. I replied and asked if this was an indication I was off the wait list and they replied, "Yes."

Has anyone had this happen? Also, I thought documents had to be re-sent every 6 months?

Thoughts?
bizzare AF. I don't know what's going on, with this, with the other conversation about lower log #s getting in first... My paperwork has now been "processing" with HDC for almost 2 months and can't get a clear answer out of MHANY or HDC as to what's going on.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 5,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkCentreUnion View Post
Anyone that moved in already during the earlier half of this year can give some insight on the Internet service companies and how much they pay in electric bill on average
I'd love to know more about this too. Also, does anyone know if there's parking in the building and if so what the additional cost is?

Old 04-27-2017, 10:12 AM

71 posts, read 118,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkstucco View Post
I got a call from MHANY, I was submitted for band 4 studio / 1 bedroom.

When I viewed the apartments only 1 bedrooms were left. I fell absolutely in love with the 1 bedroom.

Then I got a call today, all the one bedrooms are gone, but I'm still eligible for a studio in band 5, and I said I'd continue to be interested.

I feel pretty sad, but congrats to whomever got my apartment.

For the studio renters here, are the studios large? Is it worth paying band 5 studio rate (1.9k) when the units are on market at 2.1-2.6k?

I just feel so sad but I know everything will work out one way or another. My life doesn't revolve around this building, but it would make my life a lot better.
I would say if you plan to be in that area long term it might be worth it. You can still apply for upcoming lotteries and now be part of the preferred group where you may be eligible for a cheaper one bedroom because you will have first dibs. I myself am not in love with the area so I would never pay it. I would much rather be in LIC for that price. You can find market rate 1 bed apartments for $2500 in LIC with the same amenities, midtown views and one stop away from midtown.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:14 AM

71 posts, read 118,438 times
Quote:

When I viewed the apartments only 1 bedrooms were left. I fell absolutely in love with the 1 bedroom.

Then I got a call today, all the one bedrooms are gone, but I'm still eligible for a studio in band 5, and I said I'd continue to be interested.

For the studio renters here, are the studios large? Is it worth paying band 5 studio rate (1.9k) when the units are on market at 2.1-2.6k?

I just feel so sad but I know everything will work out one way or another. My life doesn't revolve around this building, but it would make my life a lot better.
I would say if you plan to be in that area long term it might be worth it. You can still apply for upcoming lotteries and now be part of the preferred group where you may be eligible for a cheaper one bedroom because you will have first dibs. I myself am not in love with the area so I would never pay it. I would much rather be in LIC for that price. You can find market rate 1 bed apartments for $2500 in LIC with the same amenities, midtown views and one stop away from midtown.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:20 AM

3 posts, read 4,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidontheblock8 View Post
I'd love to know more about this too. Also, does anyone know if there's parking in the building and if so what the additional cost is?
I asked about parking. They told me there was no garage but one is being built. When it is built however it will not be free.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:26 AM

3 posts, read 4,014 times
Quote:

Out of curiosity, what was the layout of the 1 bedroom? I received 2 options for 1 bedrooms, both felt rather small. I couldn't find their layouts on the website either.

I'm new to this, but it seems like they keep the smaller 1 bedrooms for the single people. There is almost no living room space in the 1 bedrooms i was shown.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:45 AM

I think I will say good bye to everyone now, I emailed MHANY about how they decide who to move forward and who not and I'm probably going to be going from waitlisted to blacklisted now...LMAO. So good luck to all that got in!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery