Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 07:17 AM

5 posts, read 2,164 times

Advertisements

Okay, snowballing from my previous post:

Quote:
I would be subletting the room for only one month, and after that comes the option of signing on for the actual lease. I wouldn't have a problem with this if that didn't come with the standard credit/background check. My income is more than substantial, but I'm afraid I'd be turned away because of my crappy credit. The tenant I'm subleasing from claims that the management company is lenient, saying that she had a similar problem of having no credit straight out of college with no guarantor and was approved. But everybody knows no credit is better than bad credit... She also said that she remembers the credit requirements to be quite low, asking for 630+. But my credit is a little shy of 600.

I desperately want to move out of where I am staying now. I was hoping that maybe I could take that time to convince the management company that I am a worthy tenant and work on increasing my credit a few points.
Link to this thread: Is it Wise to Sign a Sublease Agreement for 1 Month?

--
I was wondering whether I would be able to propose a month-to-month sublease or a fixed tenancy if this proves to be an issue. Is that up to the landlord, the roommates or the property management company? Has anyone ever done this? How did it go?

I know I would be able to make the payments, but the thought of having to go through the searching and moving process all over again is nerve-wracking.

What do you think??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: