U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2016, 09:16 PM
 
3,955 posts, read 2,714,492 times
Reputation: 1983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Jews abuse it heavily, the hassidic Jews and Russian Jews too.
How do you know they are "abusing" it?
Maybe they are simply poor and eligible for benefits?
(The hasidic/ultra-Orthodox Jewish and Russian Jewish community have a relatively high rate of poverty.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2016, 09:17 PM
 
3,955 posts, read 2,714,492 times
Reputation: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperQuinn View Post
Government housing is something I wasn't aware Jews abused
I don't know what you mean by "abused", but there are Jews living in NYCHA housing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 09:19 PM
 
186 posts, read 183,111 times
Reputation: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yet most of the people in government subsidized housing are black and Hispanic. Walk into any foodstamp and welfare office and most of the faces are...that's right, black and Hispanic. If Jews are abusing the system, they must be doing it magically. LOL.
Again first hand experience, one family with 9 kids each born a year apart, another on the way, pay nothing for their rent, nothing zero dollars, living in a Jewish neighborhood, working off the books for their neighbor who pays them say 400 week, but that income goes unreported because its off the books, no way to track it, all the while they collect every bit of aid there is.
It's rampant.

That was just one family, now picture that happening with multiple families and the number of kids are all the same.

I guess I should mention these are orthodox Jews.

Also by the numbers more whites are on welfare than minorities.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 09:25 PM
 
24,768 posts, read 17,303,582 times
Reputation: 17989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
I don't know what you mean by "abused", but there are Jews living in NYCHA housing.

In some parts of Brooklyn and elsewhere Jews make up the majority of residents in public housing IIRC.


Mind you much of this happened and or happens because of the way Orthodox Jewish sects have learned how to well play politicians and politics to funnel tax money their way.


If you built low income housing in parts of Williamsburg or Crown Heights until recently *and* gave community preference guess who would be moving in? More so if the building leaned more towards two or more bedroom units (gotta have bedrooms for all those kids).


The War for Hasidic Williamsburg -- New York Magazine


Housing Fight In Brooklyn Is Settled - NYTimes.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 09:35 PM
 
3,955 posts, read 2,714,492 times
Reputation: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
In some parts of Brooklyn and elsewhere Jews make up the majority of residents in public housing IIRC.

There are Jews who live in the NYCHA projects in Coney Island.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 10:58 PM
 
546 posts, read 616,972 times
Reputation: 530
disgusting, more kids, more $$$. they live stress free lives. goverment bails them out. rewarding reckless behavior.
I think person should have a bachelors degree as a requirement to have a kids
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 11:05 PM
 
11,455 posts, read 7,883,298 times
Reputation: 6184
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
disgusting, more kids, more $$$. they live stress free lives. goverment bails them out. rewarding reckless behavior.
I think person should have a bachelors degree as a requirement to have a kids
The population would plummet to the point of human extinction
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 11:25 PM
 
1,369 posts, read 1,022,982 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one1 View Post
Again first hand experience, one family with 9 kids each born a year apart, another on the way, pay nothing for their rent, nothing zero dollars, living in a Jewish neighborhood, working off the books for their neighbor who pays them say 400 week, but that income goes unreported because its off the books, no way to track it, all the while they collect every bit of aid there is.
It's rampant.

That was just one family, now picture that happening with multiple families and the number of kids are all the same.

I guess I should mention these are orthodox Jews.

Also by the numbers more whites are on welfare than minorities.
agree 100%.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 11:25 PM
 
24,768 posts, read 17,303,582 times
Reputation: 17989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
How do you know they are "abusing" it?
Maybe they are simply poor and eligible for benefits?
(The hasidic/ultra-Orthodox Jewish and Russian Jewish community have a relatively high rate of poverty.)

True, but that high rate of poverty comes from two main sources: having too many children and not doing enough work.


The ultra Orthodox community still places a value on men spending as much time as possible studying the Torah IIRC. Well in order to do that you can't work much can you? That and or you tend to gravitate to things that bring in passive income so you don't have to break a sweat. Their women are not allowed/expected to work after the birth of their (second IIRC) child. Indeed who can work when you've got four, five, or more kids at home.


Next is the rather appalling education their children and young persons receive at Yeshiva.


Kyras Joel in Orange County has the highest poverty rate in the United States; that is the distinction of the most households receiving various federal welfare and other benefits. Why? Again all those children that they cannot support.


From this they Orthodox have learned quickly and efficiently how to milk every single tax dollar they can get to flow to their neighborhoods. Kyras Joel got a state of the art maternity/child healthcare system paid for totally by federal government. This goes on because the community votes in blocks for whomever the Rebbe tells them to; thus politicians from both parties kiss behinds...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 11:26 PM
 
1,369 posts, read 1,022,982 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
disgusting, more kids, more $$$. they live stress free lives. goverment bails them out. rewarding reckless behavior.
I think person should have a bachelors degree as a requirement to have a kids
agree...Lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top