Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 09:12 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,005,792 times

Advertisements

More kids = more welfare
Plus too lazy to use birth control, which is free if u head over to planned parenthood, but again, too lazy to do anything except stand on their street corner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 09:41 PM

546 posts, read 764,084 times
Their lives are miserable so they want to make world miserable

Old 05-15-2016, 11:00 PM

37 posts, read 44,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Y'all are still on this?

It has been known for at least one hundred or more years that having numerous children in excess to ability to provide leads to poverty.

White upper class Protestant families on both sides of the Atlantic from early 1900's (if not before) practiced birth control. WWI military men smuggled contraception back from Europe, that and or men or women brought the things back when returning from holiday.

Upper and even middle class white Protestants had plenty to say (none of it good) about Catholics (in particular the Irish, Italian, Germans, etc..) and Jews who had numerous children yet lived in filthy squalid conditions. If you read some of the notes written by visiting nurses of the period the go on about one after an other seeing "filthy mothers", and "filthy children" in "filthy conditions".....

It remains true today the two largest indicators of poverty are gender and presence of children. That is women are likely to be poorer than men, and households with more or any children in relation to what can be provided for also are likely to be poor.

To answer another poster's remark; no, don't believe persons sit around making calculations about how much welfare they can get from each child. But OTOH since pretty much most welfare post reforms is tied to the presence of children, it obviously does factor into things.

There was some AA mother in the NYC news media who was homeless complaining about the City not finding suitable housing for herself and something like eight kids. IIRC from the article she finally was placed into housing that she "deserved".

One reason you are seeing so many upper middle and above class persons or families with two or more kids in NYC and elsewhere today is because of IVF and surrogacy. You'll notice many gay couples and or single dads have twins or even triplets. Fertility treatments increase the chances of multiple births.....
So what are you trying to say? Why must you keep hinting AA? You wrote a whole dialogue and made sure you mentioned AA at the end. You wouldve been better off saying "some lady"...lol smh. Just be a man admit I think African Americans abuse the welfare system.You are too much of a coward to admit it. I would respect you personally if you did. You talked in circles for 6 paragraphs. Statistically there are more whites on welfare than any other race in America.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:08 PM

37 posts, read 44,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
Their lives are miserable so they want to make world miserable
Yes I agree the majority of the "whites" and blacks on welfare wish to make the world a inhabitable place. Hopefully you don't plan on withdrawing unemployment benifits if you're fired from work, hopefully you don't plan to retire and use SSI or Medicaid or Medicare, hopefully you're not a veteran and need some type of medical assistance etc....because we would hate or you to be miserable let and bring "Amurica".

Old 05-16-2016, 12:34 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,120 times
Why doesn't the government put a limit on kids they will support on welfare? 1 or 2 kids. I would really love for the government to do that. Actually no if your on welfare the government shouldn't support your kids! I'm busy supporting my own I don't have money to support yours too! What do you guys think of that idea? And this would start with people now, so the people that had 4 kids are okay. This is just for people that don't have kids yet.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:41 AM

294 posts, read 263,399 times
When I'm at the Supermarket in my local area (Ozone Park), most of the time I'm the only one on the checkout line using cash, while everyone else is using benefit cards or WIC to buy their groceries. Of course, every last one of them have 1 to 4 kids with them. Recently some Chinese lady ahead of me on the line had 3 kids, barely spoke English, yet of course OUR tax dollars are paying her grocery bill. I thought to myself as I watched this, "Geez, if you can't feed the first one, why have 3?". Look, kids are expensive. My second child is coming May 25th, and I have a 2 year old as well. This year, baby sitting and child care is going to cost my wife and I $25,000 for the both of them. That means I'll be working a lot of OT, 16 hour shifts on my feet. You are damn right this is our last child, LOL. The next few years will be financially tuff, but will get through it. I have no debt (I pad my student loan off recently), and I plan to keep it that way. Bottomline, if you can't feed them, but don't breed them. Let me get to work.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,147,988 times
Um, poor people have a lot of kids everywhere. Not even just in NYC. Most poor people are disenfranchised, uneducated, and come from broken families that makes it a recipe for a disaster when sex is involved. Having kids is easy and many people want them for love and attention, raising and affording them is a different story.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:41 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
More kids=more welfare is NOT true. Its based off more than just family size.

Rich people have a lot of kids too they cant pay attention to.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:30 AM

223 posts, read 255,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
More kids=more welfare is NOT true. Its based off more than just family size.

Rich people have a lot of kids too they cant pay attention to.
Yes, but once the "head of household" is unemployed and their debt is higher than income (which is the usual situation) - each child qualifies for an increase in benefits and automatic medicaid/child care.

Even though, I don't see the connection between the two. I grew up with nannies until middle school and as much as I resented my parents for "lack of parenting". I would rather re-live that then growing up on welfare benefits in public housing. There are some good parents out there receiving benefits and living in subsidized housing due to unfortunate circumstances - who will spend time with their children, have a neat appearance, help with homework, cook nutritious meals each night and look for opportunities to get out of their unfortunate situation. But, then there is the latter that are just a lost cause.

Walk through the projects in Brownsville, Brooklyn and tell me how much kids are being "paid attention". Go around 10:30pm and tell me what was witnessed.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:41 AM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post

Much of what goes on in Wall Street, like the Goldman Sachs bailouts, are a form of legalized theft. So is siphoning off more than your fair share of tax dollars from your fellow citizens, as part of your longterm financial planning.

So we can honestly say that banks are on our taxpayer's dime - and therefore on welfare as well. Just take a look at all the bailouts we gave these banks back in 2009 during their "crisis". Give me a break! Businesses have no business (no pun intended) being bailed out on taxpayer's money. That is called fascism.

And also notice how a lot of us are required to direct deposit our paychecks into these banks (loans for them) and they only pay us back a low percentage on interest rates. Meanwhile, if we want to borrow from these banks in forms of credit cards, car loans etc, we'll have to pay between 5 - 30% in interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City