Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:44 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperQuinn View Post
Out of the 48 million residents who receive benefits that equals to 40% of SNAP recipients being White (19,200,000), 26% of SNAP recipients being Black (12,480,000) and 10% of SNAP recipients being Hispanic (4,800,000).

Now with calculating the population (races)

There are 46 million Blacks in the United States which means 27% of the Black population are on SNAP.
There are 55 million Hispanics in the United States which means 8% of the Hispanic population are on SNAP.
198 million Whites in the United States which means 10% of the White population are on SNAP.

So from that - people get their "Blacks are Welfare Kings and Queens" being that the Black population is the lowest but compared to their SNAP recipients - receive more. Though, there are lots of factors that can provide either explanations or excuses depending on each recipients situation.
Many hispanics are in fact black as well. Racial statistic I put little stock on because at the end of the day its what people view themselves and you can check any box you want to.

And besides that, whats worse a large demographic of people abusing the system who are in fact wealthy, with assets in real esate and businesses using our tax paying dollars when they don't need it? Or people who are generationally poor and have nothing to their name? Hasidic jews been scamming the system for decades and they are continually allowed to get away with it also without the negative connotations that comes with being on welfare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 05:22 PM

223 posts, read 255,924 times
Yes! Hispanic is not a race. A Hispanic/Latino can be White or Black. I am Hispanic/Latina but I am a Black woman. The Hispanic/Latino division defines Blacks/Whites/Mixed. Also, there's Blacks that list themselves as "Other" - etc. the statics are just for general counts though not 100% accurate.

Believe me, I find it to be disappointing that a lot of Jews are fraudulently receiving benefits but I'm not surprised this has been going on for decades and I don't see much changing soon.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:54 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
One of the poorest places in the US is Kiryas Joel which is about an hour north of the city. .
Did you hear the Feds raided Kiryas Joel last week?

Old 05-17-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperQuinn View Post
Yes! Hispanic is not a race. A Hispanic/Latino can be White or Black. I am Hispanic/Latina but I am a Black woman. The Hispanic/Latino division defines Blacks/Whites/Mixed. Also, there's Blacks that list themselves as "Other" - etc. the statics are just for general counts though not 100% accurate.

Believe me, I find it to be disappointing that a lot of Jews are fraudulently receiving benefits but I'm not surprised this has been going on for decades and I don't see much changing soon.

They get married religiously not legally and have their wife claim single to collect benefits, taxes and pay little to NO rent. My question is why is this being allowed to happen, its like they are being protected. All the incest and fraud they do yet no one does anything about it. NYC is not even the only area they are reaping benefits they don't deserve or scamming the system, check into Baltimore, upstate New York and the various other hasidic communities in this country.

All the unsafe buildings they own and illegally build. They even build schools in poor minority areas, take all the government funding from it and barely put anything back into the school which leads it to failure. How can they be so detached from society and government but still reap the benefits from the system they choose to ignore and not follow rules.

Google Kiryas Joel and be ready to puke.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:00 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
I wish that if you need to receive free housing, food, medical, ect and already have a family that to get those things, all adults in the family must agree to have their tubes tied.
It's not even people getting off on the system or abusing it that bothers me. What bothers me is creating lives that you can't afford. From one on those children are held at a disadvantage. They didn't ask to be born and struggle through life. Its very selfish. I just don't understand why it isn't common sense, you can't afford your family now so don't increase it.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Did you hear the Feds raided Kiryas Joel last week?
Nothing will come from it, never does. This isn't the first FBI raid on hasidic jew communities.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:06 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Loud published something similar a few years ago. Unfortunately, the link seems to have been removed. This is all I could find : Rockland County, NY - Orthodox Enclaves Top Section 8 Voucher List

Old 05-17-2016, 07:41 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Not news to me either. One of the poorest places in the US is Kiryas Joel which is about an hour north of the city. The town is all Hasidic Orthodox Jews. They are the largest collectors of welfare in that town. They are also trying to buy up the houses in the neighboring towns and offering cash on hand. My cousins, aunt and uncle live in one of the towns close by and said it's been a constant struggle between the towns and them trying to take over.
Posted this previously and the thread was immediately clipped, go figure...

Old 05-17-2016, 07:46 PM

546 posts, read 764,232 times
Hasidic jews especially. I never seen them homeless. they drive new SUVS

Old 05-17-2016, 08:43 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
According to an associate of mines in real estate who is a Jew. Property and Real estate laws in NYS are designed for Jews only. Rest of America real estate laws are very Protestant. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City