U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Marijuana Smoke on the Streets Becoming a Problem?
Yes 29 36.25%
No 51 63.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 05:29 PM

19,184 posts, read 32,719,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I don't care how much weed you smoke, I just don't want to smell any of it
Sheep. You're infringed upon every day and you let something as frivolous as Mary Jane convince you to start this thread.

Well, I can't do anything about it - you might start even smelling it more on the streets as time progresses. I guess you will just stay inside?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 05:50 PM

493 posts, read 365,426 times
I can dealt with it 100 times more than I can cigarette smoke. Every time some blows their cigarette in my direction is sends in into a coughing attack.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:04 PM

7,129 posts, read 5,506,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Sheep. You're infringed upon every day and you let something as frivolous as Mary Jane convince you to start this thread.

Well, I can't do anything about it - you might start even smelling it more on the streets as time progresses. I guess you will just stay inside?
If you kept getting high on diarrhea every day I'm sure that would eventually start smelling good to you too. Eventually you'd be kneeling over public toilets taking deep breaths all day long

Old 05-24-2016, 08:20 PM

19,184 posts, read 32,719,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
If you kept getting high on diarrhea every day I'm sure that would eventually start smelling good to you too. Eventually you'd be kneeling over public toilets taking deep breaths all day long
Lol....u sure talk a lot of diarrhea.

I'd rather breathe marijuana smoke than Manhattan traffic fumes, or cigarette smoke for even that matter.

Either way, you're gonna have to get used to it. Finish venting, cause I have nothing more to say about it.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-25-2016, 06:24 AM

4,042 posts, read 4,958,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I actually like the smell.
me too

Old 05-25-2016, 06:39 AM

20,158 posts, read 26,453,489 times
I smell it rarely compared to past years.
It doesn't annoy me any worse than cigarettes but I despise the air pollution of multiple fireplaces. On the UES, on those certain days just cool enough for fireplaces but not for central heat, the air can be choking. Also at Xmas time when the fireplace crowd thinks it mandatory to have a yule log smelling up the city.

Actually, smoke from any burned vegetation, marijuana, tobacco or wood, is rife with carcinogens. You don't want too much lung exposure to ANY of them.
<Oh, BTW, this afternoon and evening we are under a Pollution Alert, abetted by 90 degree heat.>

Old 05-25-2016, 08:47 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,023,424 times
I actually enjoy the smell. I wish NY would follow Washington and Colorado. I would like to purchase and smoke occasionally if it was legal.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:53 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,640,977 times
I don't know why people smoke it instead of using the vaporizers that are available nowadays like Pax and G-Pro etc. It has to be way less carcinogenic given the combustion difference.
Plus it just doesn't stink so much.

The smell is sorta acrid. Not a fan, but still better than cigarette smoke.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:35 AM

894 posts, read 392,828 times
Tis true about the increased MJ smoking. I don't like the smell. I am from the caribbean island notorious for MJ. The weed that they smoke here smells completely different like it is laced with something or coated with something. I don't smoke. However, I used to prefer the smell of MJ over cigarette. Not this MJ that they smoke here.

They need to get the good organic MJ grown in the cool mountains of an island. Not this rancid stuff they smoke here.

Last edited by LOVEROFNYC; 05-25-2016 at 10:52 AM..

Old 05-25-2016, 10:04 AM

493 posts, read 365,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Tis true about the increased MJ smoking. I don't like the smell. I am from the caribbean island notorious for MJ. The weed that they smoke here smells completely different like it is laced with something or quoted with something. I don't smoke. However, I used to prefer the smell of MJ over cigarette. Not this MJ that they smoke here.

They need to get the good organic MJ grown in the cool mountains of an island. Not this rancid stuff they smoke here.
Its the pesticides. It smells different when I go other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City