Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Marijuana Smoke on the Streets Becoming a Problem?
Yes 66 42.86%
No 88 57.14%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 10:08 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times

Advertisements

I smell it all the time also. Stinks but im not hanging out in the street im usually going somewhere and not exposed for long. I would rather people smoke that then that K2 stuff where they can become aggressive. I think I smelled and saw a guy smoking this in midtown yesterday. He was smoking something that smelled synthetic, chemical like.

With hot weather possibly coming we will smell many things unpleasant as it is from the subways to the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 11:53 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,519 times
No sticks, no seeds, no stems!

Old 05-26-2016, 02:00 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,306 times
If something as trivial as the scent of a plant bothers you, do you really belong living in a city? A lot of summer smells are far, far worse. I personally don't have any issue with it. Live and let live. I smoke pot every day in the privacy of my apartment. I try my best to get rid of any smell before I go out, but if I'm just running to the bodega I honestly don't give it much thought. I'm probably one of those people that annoy you when I'm on a 3 a.m. munchie run lol.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:26 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
pot smell > diaper smell

Old 05-26-2016, 08:14 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
If something as trivial as the scent of a plant bothers you, do you really belong living in a city? A lot of summer smells are far, far worse. I personally don't have any issue with it. Live and let live. I smoke pot every day in the privacy of my apartment. I try my best to get rid of any smell before I go out, but if I'm just running to the bodega I honestly don't give it much thought. I'm probably one of those people that annoy you when I'm on a 3 a.m. munchie run lol.
You just became one of my favorites.....

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-26-2016, 09:16 PM

493 posts, read 512,038 times
The city is going to smell like hot garbage from here until the end of fall and your worried bout weed. I thought I was going to vomit today. Is their a garbage dump need midtown?

Old 05-27-2016, 12:57 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,517 times
This is going on here in Seattle too. It's the fact other people shouldn't have to notice you. People should not have to smell your smoke be it cigarettes, or pot, and honestly I have no idea why anyone is okay with people have to smell it, poor kids too. Just like you shouldn't be in people's way at the store, should be a curtius diver and use your blinkers, shouldn't let you kids run loose in the stores, you also shouldn't make other people have to smell you smoke. We need to make our society have standards again. NOT EVERYTHING IS OKAY!

Old 05-27-2016, 12:59 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,517 times
Omg you people saying its a plant, no it's a DRUG! Sage is a plant, that smells normal. I have no idea why it is so okay in our society to be drunk and high. Okay occasionally sure, but we don't need to smell drugs in the air threw our whole cities, and we don't need intoxicated people everywhere. Geez with all the high, drunk, and medicated people I can't wonder why our society is going downhill.

BTW pot has crazy smell to it, to me it's like AH SH%T what did I just inhale. It makes my nose freak, and cigarettes smoke is making my lugs contract, sorta the feeling like get the SH&T away from me.

Anyways I suppose bums urine smell will be the next thing that is okay to smell. Then their SH%T everhwhere will be okay. For some reason our society is just making EVERYTHING okay.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:26 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
And over a hundred years ago, complaints were being made of the smoke emanating from the opium dens in lower Manhattan!

Ex-hippie here who doesn't even smoke it anymore, with no desire to smoke it anymore, been there/done that, I don't care for the smell myself!

Old 05-27-2016, 05:47 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
pot smell > diaper smell

Legalize the pot, criminalize the babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City