U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Marijuana Smoke on the Streets Becoming a Problem?
Yes 36 37.89%
No 59 62.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 01:49 PM

11,456 posts, read 5,987,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
its a problem and cause for termination of employment. if they spring a random drug test on u, and test you by your hair follicles, with weed which gets in your hair. you are FU**KED
You cannot fail a drug test from second hand smoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 02:24 PM

1,369 posts, read 862,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
its a problem and cause for termination of employment. if they spring a random drug test on u, and test you by your hair follicles, with weed which gets in your hair. you are FU**KED
What if that person is approved medical marijuana will they be fu**ked too? I do know that people have lost their jobs for failing a drug test. Some employers will give you a second chance and send you to rehab if your lucky.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:11 PM

18,765 posts, read 33,555,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
What if that person is approved medical marijuana will they be fu**ked too? I do know that people have lost their jobs for failing a drug test. Some employers will give you a second chance and send you to rehab if your lucky.
Wow good point beanniebaby

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-30-2016, 01:52 AM

432 posts, read 427,385 times
Would rather be inconvenienced for a second with the smell than see more lives being destroyed through mass incarceration and sentences for people who are disproportionally targeted.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:58 AM

35,121 posts, read 38,828,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You can't walk anywhere in NYC for more than 5 minutes these days without catching a whiff of someone smoking pot. If people want to smoke pot that's their business but they should keep it indoors. Marijuana smoke smells completely disgusting and is a bad mix of skunk, old lady sofa, and festering sneakers.
It seems that with the lowering of enforcement action every year people feel the entitled right to smoke it everywhere and anywhere without consideration for anyone around them. And it's only going to get worse especially with De Blasio in office
I thought no one could smoke anything *inside* legally so it is outside only according to the law that
non smokers screamed from the tops of tables to get passed.
I do not know the exact law but I'm sure a bit of research could find it.
Non smokers are getting what they asked for yet they still complain.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I thought no one could smoke anything *inside* legally so it is outside only according to the law that
non smokers screamed from the tops of tables to get passed.
I do not know the exact law but I'm sure a bit of research could find it.
Non smokers are getting what they asked for yet they still complain.
Wow another awesome point.

They banned cigarette smoking in bars, and now people complain about the smell of it in the street and butts all over the sidewalk. Haha you can't win

Old 05-30-2016, 12:59 PM

1,369 posts, read 862,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Wow another awesome point.

They banned cigarette smoking in bars, and now people complain about the smell of it in the street and butts all over the sidewalk. Haha you can't win
I hear you.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:22 AM

972 posts, read 707,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well if you can deal with automobile exhausting and other emissions, you can deal with people smoking weed outdoors.

If you can't deal with that, don't live near other people.
I actually don't usually smell exhaust... But that is way different than pot. Car exhaust is sorta like necessary, pot isn't. Why did you only reply this part and now the whole part of my argument.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:34 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,863,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What smells better - weed, or automobile exhaust?
Automobile exhaust, unless its diesel, generally has no smell. So I don't really get your point.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Automobile exhaust, unless its diesel, generally has no smell. So I don't really get your point.
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...-exhaust-fumes

Actually exhaust does have a smell, albeit it is minimal. Different states that the vehicle is in lead to varying ranges of the exhaust odor.

So I would rather smell marijuana in the street than car exhaust. That is my point.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City