U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 02:48 PM

83 posts, read 61,238 times

Advertisements

"Three men were shot in a Bronx park Saturday night, as a fraternity held a cookout nearby, cops said.

The gunfire at about 10:30 p.m. sent a crowd of terrified partygoers fleeing the Lambda Upsilon Lambda barbecue inside Van Cortlandt Park near Broadway and W. 242nd St., police and a witness said.

A 23-year-old man was shot three times in the gut, a 20-year-old was hit once in the stomach and a 19-year-old was shot in the left leg, police said.

Witnesses told cops they saw people arguing and shoving before the shots rang out."

Three shot near fraternity barbecue in Bronx park - NY Daily News

...It's something about that warm weather that really brings people's guns out during arguments.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 03:08 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,950,647 times
You seem to have a "hate-on" for the Bronx today. Did it steal your lunch money in junior high or something?

Old 05-30-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
You seem to have a "hate-on" for the Bronx today. Did it steal your lunch money in junior high or something?
Huh? I love the Bronx. Best borough in all of New York. Safest, best schools, and cleanest!

Old 05-30-2016, 03:11 PM

2,504 posts, read 2,015,011 times
Quote:
How about being upset at the actual shootings?

Old 05-30-2016, 04:12 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,033,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianlivesmatter909 View Post
"three men were shot in a bronx park saturday night, as a fraternity held a cookout nearby, cops said.

The gunfire at about 10:30 p.m. Sent a crowd of terrified partygoers fleeing the lambda upsilon lambda barbecue inside van cortlandt park near broadway and w. 242nd st., police and a witness said.

A 23-year-old man was shot three times in the gut, a 20-year-old was hit once in the stomach and a 19-year-old was shot in the left leg, police said.

Witnesses told cops they saw people arguing and shoving before the shots rang out."

three shot near fraternity barbecue in bronx park - ny daily news

...it's something about that warm weather that really brings people's guns out during arguments.
you are so phony!

Old 05-30-2016, 04:23 PM

107 posts, read 182,352 times
Im at this park on the regular and it is 9 times out of 10 a safe place with joggers, families, kindergarten class trips, and schools track meets however on the weekend when the weather is nice the BBQ area is not the place you want to be. The area is within the confines of the 50th police pct (safest in the boro and safer than most of brooklyn/queens/manhattan) people from other areas of the bronx flock to this area and get rowdy. Its more of a reminder that yes, you are in the suburbs practically however you are still in the city.

tl:dr - As long as you keep clear of the BBQ area on weekends which is only a VERY small portion of the park where the riff raff resides, you will be fine.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:49 PM

931 posts, read 665,035 times
Ghetto people handling situations the ghetto way. The more reason to gentrify the Bronx and kick these people out.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:52 PM

12,348 posts, read 23,496,003 times
Quote:
Yes, apparently. Just checked OP's posting history. They definitely have an agenda. Yawn.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:13 PM

2,504 posts, read 2,015,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Yes, apparently. Just checked OP's posting history. They definitely have an agenda. Yawn.
I just looked at his posting history, and yes he/she did post a few news stories. Whats the agenda?
Are they news stories you disagree with so you think there is an agenda? Big difference.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:34 PM

You think I make these stories up? So I just created up, out of thin air, this shooting in the Bronx? So shootings don't happen in the Bronx? I'm trying to keep the Idaho transplants, who come on this website asking if it is a good idea to take a 3 bedroom for $500 a month in the South Bronx, well informed about the dangers of certain areas in New York. To act as if certain boroughs/neighborhoods are somehow as safe as other areas would be actually lying and putting others in harms way. My apologies if my brutal honesty offends any of you. This is what we call America. You have the option to not click on my threads. Again, if my honesty is not in agreement with your thinking I am not putting a gun to your head and telling you to click on my threads. You don't need to click on them.

Have a splendid night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: