Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 09:28 AM

429 posts, read 389,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
According to some it would be the Chinese talking too loudly.
as if nobody else EVER talks too loudly. those that don't like to hear others can listen to their earphones or just not take public transportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 10:08 AM

738 posts, read 582,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Unfortunately, my experience involved a guy who exposed himself to me. So, I was the victim, so the speak I've also seen a homeless guy nude masturbating across the platform in a station. Very disturbing images.
I would not characterize that person as "homeless." I'm homeless. I'd never do such a thing.

A person like that is probably mentally ill.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:15 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,262,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 1697 View Post
as if nobody else EVER talks too loudly. those that don't like to hear others can listen to their earphones or just not take public transportation.
That's what I'm saying. But others are such hypocrites and filled with hatred that they only see this coming from certain colors of people.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:43 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve1 View Post
I would not characterize that person as "homeless." I'm homeless. I'd never do such a thing.

A person like that is probably mentally ill.
Agree.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:10 PM

mentally ill people often become homeless if they don't stay on their meds and have a social support system to help them. Also, those who become homeless can become ill due to the stress of living alone, on the streets and again, without anybody. - but of course not all homeless are mentally ill.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 1697 View Post
mentally ill people often become homeless if they don't stay on their meds and have a social support system to help them. Also, those who become homeless can become ill due to the stress of living alone, on the streets and again, without anybody. - but of course not all homeless are mentally ill.
True.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:17 PM

the subway cars, the platforms are sometimes deserted areas with nobody in the booths. It's an opportunity for predators of all kinds. Just like very crowded areas are. There is no police around really. Blame de Blasio for that. Blame Bratton.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:19 PM

I remember back in the 70's me and my mother was on the N train going to Manhattan, a heavy set Hispanic women had on a thick
gold rope chain on she was sitting by the door. there was two male teens standing by the door. I knew they was up to no good as
soon as the doors open one teen grab the gold chain he tried to yank it off but the chain would not pop.That woman held on to the
teen...lol.. she had him in a BEAR HUG and did not let go it was just like watching a movie. His friend got off and ran away. At the next stop the cops were there waiting for that SUCKER some one alert the train conductor and he radio for help. that woman was a true trooper she was not playing. Boy do I have train stories...lol.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:34 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,636,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Boy do I have train stories...lol.
If De Bozio stays in office much longer you'll have a lot more of those stories

Old 06-05-2016, 06:42 PM

88,210 posts, read 84,094,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirspacepilot View Post
To kick things off:

Last night I was on my commute home around 1AM (I work as a musician, so that's somewhat early), and this heavily intoxicated woman wobbled onto the train and sat down across from me. At one point she caught me glancing at her through her giant sunglasses, got up and moved to the very end of the car... soon she opened the subway doors and walked out momentarily before seemingly chickening out of something and sat down again. Five minutes later I hear the doors open and see her walk out, letting them close behind her... and then she goes down pretty quickly in the middle of the space between cars as soon as we're on the above ground outdoor track, looking like she's moving close to the edge. I assume immediately that it's a suicide attempt, and yell "NO!" and probably a few expletives as I get up and make a dash for the door with all of my gear in hand- others hear me and four men get up and move towards the doors to help. One guy gets there before me, opens the door, looks down at her and says something, pauses, and then steps back and lets the doors close.

He looks at me with a pale face and explained. She was not in fact trying to jump, she was sh*tting off of the subway car. We all returned to our seats and exchanged a few words of relief and disgust before she stumbled back onto the same car... and sat across from me. We all sat in glance exchanging silence for the rest of the ride while she rooted through her bag, grabbed an eye dropper full of something and ate whatever it was... also put some of it into her tear ducts and at the base of her nostrils.

I've seen a much bigger gross-out, but that was the most psychologically messed up.

The end.
Your turn.
That's a damn good story. One you can retell for years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City