Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 01:05 PM

162 posts, read 248,820 times

Advertisements

Elbasurero? Is all okay with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 07:01 PM

61 posts, read 94,685 times
This whole process has been to long and tiring. This is my last post. I learned nothing new in the interview. Just submitted my paperwork. Thank you everyone but this will be my last post. I'm done with this process. If I get the place excellent and if I don't we'll it wasn't meant to be. Wish all of you the best.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:36 AM

126 posts, read 169,413 times
^completely understandable. Thanks for all your prior updates. I have been feeling the same way, que sera sera. I'm still keeping blind faith. As hard as we try there's no way we can decipher what's really going on by looking at the buildings BIS page, only the contractors and owners know the real deal.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:31 AM

162 posts, read 248,820 times
I know how you feel...I told myself last week that I would not check this forum or DOB website anymore. I kept getting my hopes up at each positive post but am now feeling crushed. This whole process has been stressful especially since there is no communication except for this forum. I too am holding on to blind faith. I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully soon we will all be neighbors.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:33 PM

43 posts, read 64,847 times
A bit of positive news...building just had an inspection today and passed!

Old 01-30-2017, 01:46 PM

16 posts, read 19,856 times
I really feel bad for all the posters that are having a hard time. I lost total fail in this management company a long time ago. I am just curious were most of the people on the forum talking about the studio/ 1 bedroom apartments that are being offered at the lowed rents? I was offered a 1 bedroom just was going to have to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $1800+. They apartments are new but they are not very big. The best thing about the unit I was shown was that the deck,not balcony was huge. I have not heard from the management company since I told them which one I was interested in. I was told no deposit until the lease and move it date are set. I probably wont accept the unit if I ever get a call back but the one thing that really has me upset is that they(Langsom) collected a $50 credit check fee from every applicant that was called for and interview. For 2000 people that $100,000 that went right the Langsom. They are as shady as they come.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:51 PM

The inspection that the building passed today pertains to this:

Looks like its a "temporary construction signoff". this list is the list of thinghs required for the buildings CO.
What this means for the TCO, I have no idea nor do I want to speculate. I'm not sure how many of these signoffs/requirements are needed. But the ball keeps rolling.

MikeW my apartment is a 1 bedroom at the $1135/month rent. No balcony/deck, but its a beautiful apartment and I feel very fortunate despite all the delays.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:28 PM

That's a great deal. It is worth the time and aggravation that comes with the process. Good luck I'm sure you will be in soon. I drove by the location a few days ago and did not see much going on.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW20 View Post
That's a great deal. It is worth the time and aggravation that comes with the process. Good luck I'm sure you will be in soon. I drove by the location a few days ago and did not see much going on.
Thank you. I'm just hoping I get to sign the lease before I need to re-qualify. My 120 days are up on February 12.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:04 AM

That 120 day thing is still odd to me.Why is in our burden to re qualify if they cant get there act together. Do you have to go out to the Bronx with your paperwork? What are you re qualifying for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery