Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 07:40 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
pull out a badge while a wild animal is throwing jabs and haymakers at you through your window? a badge isn't going to stop anyone.

you are sadly mistaken. bullets are the only remedy in this situation.

NYC needs to reinstate the second amendment and concealed carry permits for law abiding citizens.

time to level the playing field and allow the innocent people of the city the right to protect themselves and their families from the criminal element that the radical left has given free reign to, to commit crimes in this city.

Amen Brother!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 08:06 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
That only works in movies... just like cops shooting people legs and car tires to stop someone.
The cop was only punch twice once in the head and once in the mouth. I'm not taking sides but the cop should've had his windows up during a road rage. The cop has a bad reputation,lets wait and see what happens if he had his windows up he could have shown his badge.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:17 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Damn, so close to hitting the big milestone of arrest number 20. Not an easy accomplishment. You usually don't make it for this very reason.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:18 AM

106,668 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
eh... not so fast. The cop may be covered because of the fact that he was armed and he continued to get plumbed by the attacker and knocked unconscious, then his holstered weapon could be compromised and taken by the attacker posing an even greater threat to those in the immediate area.

Being trapped in a vehicle against someone punching through a window is not even ground to punch back, the guy standing up will definitely win if it continued. There is not enough room within a vehicle to get good retaliatory swings back at the attacker, especially while sitting/laying on your back.

That will be taken under consideration in a court
this is why no self defense shooting is ever black and white , they are just different shades of gray . anything can be molded and twisted to give reason for shooting someone unarmed and claiming an ordinary butt beating was a life and death situation .

so it is up to the courts to decide

Old 07-06-2016, 06:37 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
The cop was only punch twice once in the head and once in the mouth. I'm not taking sides but the cop should've had his windows up during a road rage. The cop has a bad reputation,lets wait and see what happens if he had his windows up he could have shown his badge.
oh geee, only twice in the head and once in the mouth???are you freaking kidding me??, and the man had 19 arrests.
gee, which side do you think I will take.

had this retard not gotten out of his car and started punching someone, and in the case it was an off duty office.
oh well, sucks for him....he's dead now.

should have thought of that before this moron got out of the car and started punching another man.

sympathy, nope, none her.

....maybe now other people will think of this and NOT repeat this performance.

oh well, another pillar of society bites the dust, sorry no sympathy here...

Old 07-06-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
oh geee, only twice in the head and once in the mouth???are you freaking kidding me??, and the man had 19 arrests.
gee, which side do you think I will take.

had this retard not gotten out of his car and started punching someone, and in the case it was an off duty office.
oh well, sucks for him....he's dead now.

should have thought of that before this moron got out of the car and started punching another man.

sympathy, nope, none her.

....maybe now other people will think of this and NOT repeat this performance.

oh well, another pillar of society bites the dust, sorry no sympathy here...
Hold on to your pants! no need to get so excited only time will tell. The court will decide, if you read the article a second witness stated that the cop got out of his car yelling and shot the guy point blank. To me both of them were in the wrong they both put peoples life's in danger could have caused a major accident. Driving around like two maniacs I have no sympathy for the victim! and no sympathy for the cop!

Old 07-06-2016, 08:01 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Hold on to your pants! no need to get so excited only time will tell. The court will decide, if you read the article a second witness stated that the cop got out of his car yelling and shot the guy point blank. To me both of them were in the wrong they both put peoples life's in danger could have caused a major accident. Driving around like two maniacs I have no sympathy for the victim! and no sympathy for the cop!

ohm didnt know that he got out of the car, my bad

Old 07-06-2016, 08:17 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,467,022 times
Quote:
a second witness stated that the cop got out of his car yelling and shot the guy point blank.
Take witnesses with a grain of salt, especially when police are involved. There are people who hate police so much they lie through their teeth to get them in trouble.

For example, remember that shooting of Mr. Brown out in St Louis? All of the nearby "witnesses" stated that "He had his hands up and said don't shoot"? To this day there are people that repeat that phrase as if it were 100% true.

Turns out, after a full investigation, police interviewed all of these people again and they admitted that they didn't see him with his hands up at all and in fact was attacking the police officer, they all recanted their first statement. Interesting how that works.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Take witnesses with a grain of salt, especially when police are involved. There are people who hate police so much they lie through their teeth to get them in trouble.

For example, remember that shooting of Mr. Brown out in St Louis? All of the nearby "witnesses" stated that "He had his hands up and said don't shoot"? To this day there are people that repeat that phrase as if it were 100% true.

Turns out, after a full investigation, police interviewed all of these people again and they admitted that they didn't see him with his hands up at all and in fact was attacking the police officer, they all recanted their first statement. Interesting how that works.
I agree this is why they do a full investigation.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:40 AM

8,693 posts, read 11,078,805 times
The family of the guy is ghetto thugs as it gets

Quote:
“This is war. I’m from Brooklyn. This is our neighborhood,’’ Dempsey said

Dempsey said she and her pals “are hunting [Isaacs] down’’ if justice doesn’t prevail.

“So if I’m going to find him, he’s going to get what he deserves . . . If this hits trial and I have to pull up with my homies and we beat his ass, then I’m with that, too,’’ she said."

Family threatens to hunt down cop who shot relative | New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City