U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-27-2017, 11:40 AM
 
23 posts, read 19,523 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
Gowanus, CONGRATULATIONS! Would you mind telling us the first digit or so of your log? It helps people figure out how far along the developer is on the queue of applicants. I'm #10,XXX.
Low 1xxx's with CB preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2017, 06:34 PM
 
44 posts, read 55,258 times
Reputation: 16
Congrats!!!! Please keep us in the loop of the process as you go along. we have log number 8##and CB preference so you give us hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowanusdweller View Post
I recently received a call to schedule an appointment next week to sign paper work in order to have my application be submitted to HDP for review. If the process goes as planned, HDP approval/rejection should take 1-2 weeks. So potentially people could be finding out their final answer by the middle of February. Relative to other affordable application processes, this one is moving fast, which is nice for a change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 02:44 PM
 
4 posts, read 3,771 times
Reputation: 10
Hello all,

I read every post in this forum concerning the dueling process to land a unit at 535 Carlton. I had a 9xx log number, don't know/think I had a CB preference. I had an intake interview the first week of December, still checking emails frantically everyday in hopes of some good news. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a rejection letter if denied by the management?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 03:23 PM
 
1,796 posts, read 855,464 times
Reputation: 1413
quote:
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a rejection letter if denied by the management?


2 months to 200 years. SERIOUSLY. Keep turning down raises at work so you will still possibly qualify for this ethereal apartment :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 03:27 PM
 
44 posts, read 55,258 times
Reputation: 16
Could take a few weeks could take a few months. A few people here have gotten rejection letter already (most have appealed) I was told by my intake coordinator that if you dont get a rejection letter after 2 months that is usually a good sign. If you live in Brooklyn in the downtown area and further I believe its Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Bed Stuy, Crown Heights, Ocean Hill just to name a few that are community board preference. CB's with preference are 2,3,6 and 8. so a quick search will determine if you do have it.

Most of us are in this together with the frantic waiting mail/email checking. Someone is moving onto step two thus far so that is a good sign the process is moving along.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_El View Post
Hello all,

I read every post in this forum concerning the dueling process to land a unit at 535 Carlton. I had a 9xx log number, don't know/think I had a CB preference. I had an intake interview the first week of December, still checking emails frantically everyday in hopes of some good news. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a rejection letter if denied by the management?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 06:43 PM
 
44 posts, read 55,258 times
Reputation: 16
So my old landlord called I have a letter from Mhany, so scared it's a rejection letter. Going to pick it up in the morning so I guess I will find out then. I'm a ball of nerves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 06:52 PM
 
4 posts, read 3,771 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle.T View Post
So my old landlord called I have a letter from Mhany, so scared it's a rejection letter. Going to pick it up in the morning so I guess I will find out then. I'm a ball of nerves.
Put it in the universe that it's a "Congratulations" letter. I hope it is! I'm thinking about writing to our Mayor, about creating a portal with time frames, updates and status for applicants. This process is too nerve racking and should be a little more transparent once given an interview. GOOD LUCK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 07:27 PM
 
44 posts, read 55,258 times
Reputation: 16
Thanks!!! I'm hoping it's either a letter to interview, that we never got. (We clicked preferred to be contacted by email but I believe they also send a letter) or maybe about another apartment we applied for.FX it's good news. If it is a rejection we will probably appeal depending on the reasoning. I can't stop thinking about it, there goes my sleep tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_El View Post
Put it in the universe that it's a "Congratulations" letter. I hope it is! I'm thinking about writing to our Mayor, about creating a portal with time frames, updates and status for applicants. This process is too nerve racking and should be a little more transparent once given an interview. GOOD LUCK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 10:14 PM
 
44 posts, read 55,258 times
Reputation: 16
SOOOO apparently there is a letter post marked from Dec 16th. Its a denial letter for not submitting 6 month worth of bank statements for an checking and savings account which there is several things wrong with this.

1. these accounts had only been open 3 months when we went in for intake and we told the person this and the asked that we provide bank statements for the account we have previously which we did. Its impossible to provide statements for 6 months for an account that has not been opened 6 months.

2, HOW am I just getting this letter?!? I have been checking the mail at my old apartment religiously I also inquired about a status update a few weeks ago and no one told me anything about the rejection and I selected my preferred method of contact as email because of how crappy the mail delivery is at my old apartment and I also did a change of address at the post office.

I plan on calling first thing in the morning to fight this although I am worried about how much time as passed. Anyone have any tips about an appeal?? I would appreciate it.

It feels crazy to get rejected for something so simple and something you KNOW you provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 10:22 PM
 
261 posts, read 115,782 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle.T View Post
SOOOO apparently there is a letter post marked from Dec 16th. Its a denial letter for not submitting 6 month worth of bank statements for an checking and savings account which there is several things wrong with this.

1. these accounts had only been open 3 months when we went in for intake and we told the person this and the asked that we provide bank statements for the account we have previously which we did. Its impossible to provide statements for 6 months for an account that has not been opened 6 months.

2, HOW am I just getting this letter?!? I have been checking the mail at my old apartment religiously I also inquired about a status update a few weeks ago and no one told me anything about the rejection and I selected my preferred method of contact as email because of how crappy the mail delivery is at my old apartment and I also did a change of address at the post office.

I plan on calling first thing in the morning to fight this although I am worried about how much time as passed. Anyone have any tips about an appeal?? I would appreciate it.

It feels crazy to get rejected for something so simple and something you KNOW you provided.
Classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top