U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 09:51 AM

4 posts, read 3,884 times

Advertisements

just found this forum while searching for for any info on progress. Thanks everyone for the great info! good to know i'm not alone.
I'm mid 6xxx with CB preference. I interviewed with my partner on Nov. 15, haven't heard a thing back and our interviewer gave us no info on what to expect, had no answers to our many questions. Both my partner and I are self employed, which makes me think we are at a disadvantage since it's more difficult to verify our income. Anyone have experience with that?

I emailed mhany last night and got an email back this morning: "Your application is still in consideration. If or when we get to your log number, and if units that you are income eligible for are still available we will contact you via phone and email."

I'm hoping that maybe means we are past the rejection stage of the process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 01:37 PM

4 posts, read 6,232 times
I got the same reply (word for word) from them this morning. I would love to know where they are in log number to see if I am still waiting really or if they have skipped me because the apartments in my bracket are gone. If anyone else is getting to the final stage, please share!

Old 01-31-2017, 02:14 PM

speaking of the devil, I just got the call! I am low #2xxx. Going in next week to sign papers, though I'm anxious about how they calculated my income based on the Dean thread. If too high, it will definitely make a difference as I can't afford the rent of the next bracket. I was not asked to bring in additional paperwork at this time.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 11,141 times
My log number is in the 16xxs with no preference. So far I received a rejection letter a month ago for not submiting all the pages to one of my bank statements. I scheduled an appeal meeting where u pretty much go and take your appeal letter and the paperwork missing. The gentleman then proceeded to align all my paperwork in my file and he then gave me a new stamped checklist stating that I handed in missing work. I'm wondering if I haven' heard anything from then does that mean I wasn't chosen for furthur selection?

Last edited by Vickher; 01-31-2017 at 02:33 PM..

Old 01-31-2017, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,121 times
535 carlton
I had an interview first week of November. They sent my denial 1/23/17. They said I did not submit 6 months of bank statements, but I know for a fact that I submitted all of my documents. I called and said that I would like to file an appeal. They then in turn said that they have everything in my folder. They said that process will take long. They said no one will be moving in until summer the earliest. I have CB preference and log number 14000. Are other people really being called in to sign leases already?

Old 01-31-2017, 06:22 PM

1,323 posts, read 1,103,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postingandtoasting View Post

I'm hoping that maybe means we are past the rejection stage of the process?
Sad to say, anyone can be rejected at any time.

The apartment isn't yours until you have the keys in your hand and you're opening the door.

But look on the bright side, you made it this far! Best of luck!

Old 01-31-2017, 06:57 PM

2,938 posts, read 1,614,046 times
The end of this Summer, we need to have a loser log party for all of us who went through this grueling crap and wound up with nothing.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:08 PM

7 posts, read 8,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingersxd View Post
speaking of the devil, I just got the call! I am low #2xxx. Going in next week to sign papers, though I'm anxious about how they calculated my income based on the Dean thread. If too high, it will definitely make a difference as I can't afford the rent of the next bracket. I was not asked to bring in additional paperwork at this time.
Congrats to you, do you also have CB preference or no?

Old 02-01-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell2017 View Post
Congrats to you, do you also have CB preference or no?
I don't think so, I am currently a bed-stuy resident.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:18 AM

4 posts, read 3,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingersxd View Post
I don't think so, I am currently a bed-stuy resident.
Congrats! Let us know how it goes.
Bedstuy has CB preference, CB 3. I'm guessing since it's such a huge project, they included neighboring CBs, as they did with 468 dean and they are with 38 6th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City