Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 02:29 PM

226 posts, read 305,459 times

Advertisements

Got an interview after the document drop. Yay.
I've spent so much money on ink I feel like I'm in the wrong business. They want more documents though. They require volumes of documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 11:33 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanta B View Post
I was surprised because I applied for this lottery in 2016. It was the first lottery I applied for. I assumed I didn't get it moons ago because it was so old and my log number was 13xxx with no preference.
More recent lotteries contacted way faster. This gives me hope for some of the other buildings I assumed were done with tenant selection.
It seems they want a document drop without the normal interview. Has anyone done the document drop? Are there people living in the building already and what size apartments are available? Is this a waiting list thing or are they still in the first placement stage?
I would love to see what the inside of the building. There is so little promo for it.
I have gone through the entire process.

The document drop is only to see if you qualify.

Then after they review your documents, they will contact you for a formal interview. The interview is just basically someone going through a checklist with you, plus you having to bring updated bank statements, etc.

It's a nice building. The apartments are nice. Wooden floors, very modern appliances.

I heard that they ran out of one bedrooms for a certain income range, although half the building is still empty.

The studios are large and the one bedrooms are 100 sq ft larger. Some studios are smaller than others, though. The smaller studios are up on floors 6-9 (I think). The huge studios are on floors 1 to 5. Many people, upon seeing the smaller studios and KB25 asking for the 2300+ price, back out of the process. (This is what I was told).

You are only assigned one apartment, unlike some other lotteries where they let you choose between two.

Every apartment has thermostat heating and a camera intercom connected to your google account so you can see who's ringing your doorbell.

There is a doorman 24/7 and a super.

Lets see what else... it's a fireproof building with sprinklers in each apartment. The windows are rectangular, and you're not allowed to remove the white Venetian blinds. No pets are allowed - not even fishes.

The rent is due by the 1st of the month. The latest is the 5th. If you are late, they charge you a good 100+ bucks or something like that on your next rent statement.

I can't think of anything else about this lottery lol

Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 PM

15 posts, read 28,396 times
Default Kb25

Hi All,
I also just received an email on KB25 and going to drop off the documents tomorrow. Was surprised as it's almost been 2 years since applying. Does anyone have any idea what apartments are left?? Also is heats and hot water included in the rent? Thanks for the information those have provided so far on the apartment!

Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCliving21 View Post
Hi All,
I also just received an email on KB25 and going to drop off the documents tomorrow. Was surprised as it's almost been 2 years since applying. Does anyone have any idea what apartments are left?? Also is heats and hot water included in the rent? Thanks for the information those have provided so far on the apartment!
Heat and hot water are included.
I believe there are studios left. Maybe one one bedroom, or something like that. Both are for the highest income ranges.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:53 AM

115 posts, read 138,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Heat and hot water are included.
I believe there are studios left. Maybe one one bedroom, or something like that. Both are for the highest income ranges.
stormgal, did you end up moving in there?

Old 07-18-2018, 12:15 PM

3,139 posts, read 2,731,547 times
Ha! I just got emailed for docs, almost exactly two years since I applied. The letter implied it was for studios, but I don't know how reliable that is. (When I called and asked about income range for eligibility, they gave me the full 1-person range.) Any further word on what living in this place is like?

P.S. Log # 4xxxx ... never give up on your dreams, people!

Old 07-18-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Ha! I just got emailed for docs, almost exactly two years since I applied. The letter implied it was for studios, but I don't know how reliable that is. (When I called and asked about income range for eligibility, they gave me the full 1-person range.) Any further word on what living in this place is like?

P.S. Log # 4xxxx ... never give up on your dreams, people!

That happened to me with Steinway Estates, and the one bedroom apartment that I was assigned over there had a balcony and a tiny view to Manhattan. But I didn't take it cause of the commute. Log number 29,xxx.

Anyway, there are two types of studios in the KB25 building - I know cause it was another lottery that I had won: There are small studios, with the kitchen exposed, and larger studios with separate kitchens.

Many people did not take the smaller studios because they have to pay the 2,400 in rent, which is basically market rate. (Although I think market rate is for those gross wood frame buildings around the area that have mice and roaches). At least KB being brand new and fire proof does not have that problem and so the 2400 is worth it if you want to live around the area. So I'd say go for it.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:22 PM

3,139 posts, read 2,731,547 times
I'm not sure I want to pay that much for a studio (don't know if there are any 1-beds left); I'd have to see it. Full-time doorman is nice.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
I'm not sure I want to pay that much for a studio (don't know if there are any 1-beds left); I'd have to see it. Full-time doorman is nice.
When I was offered a studio back in February, I asked for a one bedroom, and they told me there were no more one bedrooms left. That was back in February, so deduct from there.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:38 PM

3 posts, read 6,819 times
I got my ineligibility letter today, but dropped off pay stubs just in case. Hard to tell what's still available; here's the updated income limits.

https://ibb.co/hMdq1y

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: