Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 09:54 AM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
"There, he was known as a loner who was bullied daily, including by girls, former schoolmates said.

“Kids would hit him all the time,” a current student told The Post. “The girls would even bully him and punch him. He didn’t have any friends.”

Another said, “Sometimes he fought back, but not much.”

Elias Gabriel, 18, who rode the bus with Lewis at the school, said, “I know a lot of people made fun of him, for the way he dressed and the way he looked. They called him an African lizard. He would kind of smirk and walk away.”

The students said they were shocked that Lewis was charged in the Aug. 2 murder of Vetrano, who was killed while jogging on a path in Spring Creek Park.

“No one knew him to be violent or belligerent,” Gabriel said. “He used to walk around school with his hoodie on all the time.”

After hearing of his arrest, “I was like, ‘Chanel? Quiet Chanel?’ I was surprised,’’ Gabriel said."
amazing the conclusions you can reach when you only read what supports them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 10:07 AM

this is quite the conspiracy you guys have cooked up. So far, we have the district attorney's office, various NYPD detectives and, the crime lab, and the MAFIA all involved in this. Did I leave anyone out?

So what do all of these people have to gain by framing an innocent man? Who are they ALL protecting? Why would so many different layers of government and law enforcement risk criminal prosecution to protect the real killer?

Old 11-21-2018, 10:10 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,415,821 times
It was likely some Italian

Old 11-21-2018, 10:44 AM

4,196 posts, read 4,077,595 times
When has the NYPD ever dispatched a police helicopter to search for a 30 year old woman who went missing for a few hours with zero evidence that anything happened to her? They would never do that unless they KNEW she was in danger. The father knew she was in danger of losing her life and it wasn't because of some bad feeling or psychic connection to her.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:54 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
OMG, absolutely, Im with you on that, for sure

I never bought this story from the get go.
Please, the whole "father felt something was wrong" angle wasn't flying with me.

Like I have stated before, just walking up the block can take me an hour to get a container of milk, always running into someone I know, talking, and as New Yorker's here on this board, you all get what I mean.

Just exactly why did the father think something was "wrong" and have to go look for himself, and he knew exactly where too look, never thinking that maybe she did a different route? You mean to tell me this girl that lived in this neighborhood for years doesn't have a lot of friends or people she just knew, and maybe stopped to chit chat (I have dated myself) or maybe got a phone call, or a text, please....not buying this.

the the father finding her, no, that didn't work for me either.

the boy, clearly everyone can see is not mentally present. The findings of his DNA on her were so miniscule, they have stated.

So I'm thinking it happened, and somehow this boy maybe tried to rob her, something, but I do not believe he was the killer. Not at all.

I too, also believe mob hit. I have friends that live in HB, and they all say the same thing. This boy, well, young man, did not do it.

My personal view is something with the father isnt flying right, at all. maybe we will never know.

now they want to re try the boy, I'm a little confused on this, they pick jurors all over again, a re-do everything?
Does he stay in jail until this time?

I don't know how this works.
Something is off with the father. Something was off with the daughter before she got murdered. Something was off about the father/daughter relationship.Lots was off with the whole aftermath and the investigation. Just too much weirdness all around.... oh, and something is off with the mother too.Let's not forget about her performance. Remember how the next day she knew who the murderer was and details about his anatomy ?

Last edited by bluedog2; 11-21-2018 at 11:10 AM..

Old 11-21-2018, 11:19 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Something is off with the father. Something was off with the daughter before she got murdered. Something was off about the father/daughter relationship.Lots was off with the whole aftermath and the investigation. Just too much weirdness all around.... oh, and something is off with the mother too.Let's not forget about her performance. Remember how the next day she knew who the murderer was and details about his anatomy ?

yes yes yes yes yes.

ofcourse, the mother and she knew the murder, i forgot about that.
I at that point also thought the mother was a tad "off' as well

i agree with all of this weirdness absolutely.

the truth will come out adventually , it will.

just the father finding her alone is enough to make me think, "things that make you go hummmm" (did i date myself)

Old 11-21-2018, 11:26 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
The father knew she was in danger of losing her life and it wasn't because of some bad feeling or psychic connection to her.
Well then why did he let her go out alone? That was foolish.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
When has the NYPD ever dispatched a police helicopter to search for a 30 year old woman who went missing for a few hours with zero evidence that anything happened to her? They would never do that unless they KNEW she was in danger. The father knew she was in danger of losing her life and it wasn't because of some bad feeling or psychic connection to her.
ok, so now NYPD aviation is in on the conspiracy as well. Good to know.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Agree, the family seems weird. Maybe even very weird. Of course weird people have bad things happen to them too.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:59 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Can’t wait for the Law and Order version of this. Or 48Hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City