U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 24 45.28%
Yes 29 54.72%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 07:52 AM

1,991 posts, read 802,624 times

Advertisements

Someone tell the NYPD it’s 2018 the public isn’t silly enough to believe their suspect stories. They’re so willing to give answers to middle class-Upper class family in Howard Beach at the expense of an autistic kid who is oblivious to anything going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 12:30 PM

3,026 posts, read 746,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Someone tell the NYPD it’s 2018 the public isn’t silly enough to believe their suspect stories. They’re so willing to give answers to middle class-Upper class family in Howard Beach at the expense of an autistic kid who is oblivious to anything going on.

It appears that the defense is the only thing that is oblivious to this heinous act.
Karma Karma Karma.....................

Old 03-20-2019, 04:07 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,868,999 times
The retrial has just started and her mother testified yesterday.

Quote:
Her husband Phillip Vetrano was downstairs eating dinner. A while later Catherine remembered him screaming loudly: “F---!”

“I yelled down, said ‘What’s wrong?’” she said. "He told me Karina had gone out running and he was trying to call her and she was not answering the phone after several calls...he said he was going out to go see where she was.”
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...jma-story.html

I guess some people casually throw around the f word, I've heard people do that in public, but that was his reaction when his daughter didn't answer her phone. The guy may be guilty but I don't believe that this was a random incident and I think the father knows more than has been reported.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:15 AM

270 posts, read 154,199 times
I dont think this guy murdered her ,cause the DNA its inclusive and looking at this guy , he looks lost ,so I have a feeling someone else did this, not him

Old 03-20-2019, 07:26 AM

19,037 posts, read 34,004,757 times
It was always funny from the beginning

The kid didn't do it

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-20-2019, 05:25 PM

249 posts, read 107,723 times
DNA matches. He is guilty.
Turns out DNA evidence is pretty solid. The dude is a criminal and needs to be locked up.

Just because the guy looks like a tard doesn't make him innocent. In fact, lower IQ = lower impulse control, often times. Lock him up to keep everyone else safe. If he loses control like this once he will lose it again.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:09 PM

3,593 posts, read 1,022,171 times
The Father testified today apparently they focused on the condition of her teeth which were perefctly straight. Lot's of photos of her to confirm this. the prep punched her teeth out of her head and the marks on bus hand match the areas where the teeth were knocked out. His confession detailed punching her in the face and knocking her teeth out. Which he later retracted and the defense claims was coerced. It's hard to ignore that type of physical evidence.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:50 AM

3,026 posts, read 746,770 times
This case has clear racial divides and filled with prejudice.
The only thing missing is the media high profile
which could easily sensationalize this into another OJ trial.
I have trust in the jury pool when it is a white on white or black on black crime.
I question the jurors when it is a white on black or black on white crime.
Emotions run too deep in identifying with ones' race.
Emotions corrupt logical thinking.
Sad truth: My opinion.
In this case a jury filled with mostly black jurors will lead to no conviction.
A jury filled with mostly white jurors will lead to a conviction.
A jury filled with a mix of black,white,yellow and brown has a better chance at a fair outcome.

The evidence.
1)You have location. (Uncontested )
2)You have DNA evidence on both victim and the accused. ( Uncontested )
3)You have witnesses of accused in area prior to murder. ( Defense is Fighting)
4)You have admission of guilt. ( Defense is Fighting )

Wait and see..................

Old 03-21-2019, 12:32 PM

15,499 posts, read 24,580,449 times
I just still think its so "odd" that this worldly girl, goes out for a jog, and the father has a "feeling" and keeps calling her, and calling her and HE goes out, and HE finds her.

im sorry, there is way more to this, and i think the father knows more.

i wonder, did he always make a habit of calling her everytime she left the house???/

Im not buying the whole story, something is "off", and tome, the father looks a tad 'off'

the boy, young man, sits there and i dont even think has a clue...................

Old 03-21-2019, 06:08 PM

3,593 posts, read 1,022,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I just still think its so "odd" that this worldly girl, goes out for a jog, and the father has a "feeling" and keeps calling her, and calling her and HE goes out, and HE finds her.

im sorry, there is way more to this, and i think the father knows more.

i wonder, did he always make a habit of calling her everytime she left the house???
/

Im not buying the whole story, something is "off", and tome, the father looks a tad 'off'

the boy, young man, sits there and i dont even think has a clue...................
I would venture to say, YES he did. In many of these Italian households, the parents NEED to know every place their kid is going to be. It doesn't matter how old they are. I lived through it with a bunch of my friends male and female.

I dated a couple of girls when I was in HS and college that lived in households like this. The parents needed to know every move. Had to be home at a certain time. They didn't care if you were 21, there house their rules. It was exhausting to deal with. I personally got to the point in my early 20's that I didn't want to deal with that anymore. I had pretty much been on my own since I was 14. I rented my first apartment at 19. I was working full time and going to college. I didn't need the headache. Keeping a kid down like this doesn't make them better people. It just makes them repressive and lash out in other ways.

I didn't care how attractive the girl was, or how much I liked her or she liked me. If she was living under a virtual lockdown I wouldn't date her.

There was a girl who worked for my Father quite a few years ago. Her name was Lisa. She could only go out on dates unless one of her Brother's accompanied her. It wasn't like the brother kept his distance either. He was attached to them everywhere they went. At the dinner table, a movie, the car. Totally ridiculous.

Most recently a girl I became friendly with and had mutual friends with was just allowed to start dating openly, anyway at 30 years old. Her parents weren't as bad as she pretty much came and go as she wanted. When it came to dating she was on lockdown.

What Phil did was not odd to me at all. He is blaming himself every day for not putting the hammer on his daughter that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City