Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 01:41 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,077,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I agree that things are odd, but what is the conspiracy theory? That this kid had nothing to do with it, wasn’t even there, that his DNA was planted on her, and the confession coerced? And he was just unlucky enough to be that kid they pinned it on 6 months after the fact? That theory has plenty of holes in it too. Just looking for a theory that makes sense.

It’s the DNA evidence that’s hard to ignore but I did say I’d consider a theory that he didn’t do it, so I’m all ears.
My theory is post 1341 a few posts above, I guess you didn't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 02:01 PM

Here's a petition related to the case.

https://campaigns.organizefor.org/pe...-investigation

Old 04-24-2019, 02:29 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
My theory is post 1341 a few posts above, I guess you didn't see it.
I guess I did see it but then I read a post a few down from yours that made the excellent point that if he was paid to do this, now would be an excellent time to snitch for a reduced sentence, as opposed to be the only one found guilty and the only one spending the rest of his life in jail.

So I can’t get behind that theory. I’ll keep waiting for others.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:35 PM

The petition is saying DNA evidence could be tainted. If he’s truly not guilty of the murder, I guess all evidence was manufactured. That’s the only “he’s innocent “ theory that seems to have any plausibility at all.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I guess I did see it but then I read a post a few down from yours that made the excellent point that if he was paid to do this, now would be an excellent time to snitch for a reduced sentence, as opposed to be the only one found guilty and the only one spending the rest of his life in jail.

So I can’t get behind that theory. I’ll keep waiting for others.
If he admitted being paid to kill her he had zero chance of an acquittal. He may not even know who paid him and he wouldn't get a reduced sentence for 'snitching'. He may not even have killed her, he might have been paid to grab her phone and then the so called "jacked up white guys" killed her. (An anonymous letter supposedly from a cop said they were looking for two jacked up white guys.)

You ask for a theory of what could have happened then dismiss it out of hand based on a theory that admitting to murder would help his situation.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:50 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
My theory is that others were involved having something to do with the father, maybe an unpaid debt. Possibly Chanel Lewis was paid to attack her which would explain his DNA being found on her. He may or may not have killed her but I don't believe this was a random killing because he was mad about someone playing music loudly. Whoever had the vendetta against the father was later paid off, possibly from the hundreds of thousands of dollars raised as a reward, and is no longer a threat to the father. That's my theory. Chanel Lewis is a patsy taking the rap for whoever had a beef with the father.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
If he admitted being paid to kill her he had zero chance of an acquittal. He may not even know who paid him and he wouldn't get a reduced sentence for 'snitching'. He may not even have killed her, he might have been paid to grab her phone and then the so called "jacked up white guys" killed her. (An anonymous letter supposedly from a cop said they were looking for two jacked up white guys.)

You ask for a theory of what could have happened then dismiss it out of hand based on a theory that admitting to murder would help his situation.
Well that’s true.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:05 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
The petition is saying DNA evidence could be tainted. If he’s truly not guilty of the murder, I guess all evidence was manufactured. That’s the only “he’s innocent “ theory that seems to have any plausibility at all.

Why taint it with his DNA though? Why not someone who has a past of attacking women and/or who fits the profile? It would've made things easier for the police and the prosecution and they wouldn't have to deal with all of the noise on the side.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:33 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Most people who implicate the father think the daughter was killed by the mob because of the father's unpaid debts.

IDK who killed the girl, but Lewis got a bad trial. Judge and some jurors biased in favor of HB family, rape victim allowed on jury.
Lewis needs an appeal and maybe a change of venue.

That's what I'm thinking. I think this was a mob, unpaid debt hit against the father.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:04 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
That's what I'm thinking. I think this was a mob, unpaid debt hit against the father.

Sorry, but why would the mob rape, assault and kill his daughter? That's not standard mob practice. They would simply kill him, period.

The convicted killer has mental problems (in my opinion), but he clearly is the killer. There's a confession, DNA evidence, I believe there are cell phone records placing him at the scene around the time of killing (I might be mistaken), and he had multiple lacerations consistent with someone trying to fight him. Rot in jail, rot in hell you POS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City