Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 02:05 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Central Park can still be dangerous.
Not as much as other parks. You wouldn't get raped or kidnapped there since there are so many witnesses around. There is safety in numbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 02:16 PM

8,693 posts, read 11,078,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Not as much as other parks. You wouldn't get raped or kidnapped there since there are so many witnesses around. There is safety in numbers
Definitely not all year around. I ran in the winters or inclement weather during mid day where I don't see anyone in the top half of Central Park.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:39 PM

57 posts, read 60,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I think the pictures of her surfacing are not in her best interest, they absoluteley portray her in an image that isnt flattering to say the least.

why did she choose to jog there, why couldnt she have just jogged around the block a few times, or in the neighborhood, she didnt listen to her father, if thats what he really even said.

why do we always hear of so many of these stories where the girl is alone and something bad happend.

I do not mean to offend any women here, but seriosuley do these young girls have even a shread of common sense?

I am a middle age man with three grown sons, I know my "look", most people don't mess with me, but i do know, i wouldnt be jogging in a park at 2am, why, because I have common sense...........and i know she she wasnt jogging at 2am, it was a meare statement.
Why do we hear so many stories of men raping and killing women and essentially turning into primitive beasts? I do not want to offend any men here but do these men have any restraint or humanity?

Old 08-12-2016, 03:06 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
She staged her own death and posted dramatic pictures on social media in the days leading up to her demise? Because...reasons? Really? The things people post on the Internet are amazing.

I never thought about THAT!
Who said that SHE staged her own death? I think that she was innocent, but not so much the parents.
The whole thing was about money. We all make up theories, what's yours?

Old 08-12-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
The mob angle is undeniable. The million dollar+ house (which was built in 2009) for the retired fireman in Mafia land and the way the parents act and talk like they are from central casting. I think there may be another expensive house in the family as I saw a picture of a different house that I think the daughter lived in. Not sure if she lived with the father and mother together or not. How does a fireman have the money for million dollar houses?

The father did say she wasn't answering his calls but so what? It's not like she was gone a long time.

Then a few days after her death there's a huge mob bust in NYC and separately Gotti's grandson is arrested for drugs. Could the father (or another family member) have been an informer in either bust? Or maybe that was unrelated and he owed someone money or had gambling debts. If he was threatened then that's why he didn't go jogging and why he knew she was in danger.

If it was mob related, the guy or guys who did it are more likely to wind up dead than be arrested.
That's what crossed my mind too!

Part of Caption below one of her instagram pictures, I think posted by marinjsxx:

"...... Philip Vetrano says that since his retirement he has relocated from Howard Beach, New York, to Miami. Despite that, he has a roofing business that's registered to an address in the Queens neighborhood. The New York Post reports that Philip Vetrano retired on disability....."
(Instagram)

Last edited by rent.in.nyc; 08-12-2016 at 03:38 PM..

Old 08-12-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
She staged her own death and posted dramatic pictures on social media in the days leading up to her demise? Because...reasons? Really? The things people post on the Internet are amazing.
What dramatric pics?

Old 08-12-2016, 03:19 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I think the pictures of her surfacing are not in her best interest, they absoluteley portray her in an image that isnt flattering to say the least.

why did she choose to jog there, why couldnt she have just jogged around the block a few times, or in the neighborhood, she didnt listen to her father, if thats what he really even said.

why do we always hear of so many of these stories where the girl is alone and something bad happend.

I do not mean to offend any women here, but seriosuley do these young girls have even a shread of common sense?

I am a middle age man with three grown sons, I know my "look", most people don't mess with me, but i do know, i wouldnt be jogging in a park at 2am, why, because I have common sense...........and i know she she wasnt jogging at 2am, it was a meare statement.
Come on man, enough with the victim shaming

Old 08-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
You watch too many movies and not enough Moby DICK....

Plenty of city workers with high positions, own/mortage million dollars homes. You don't know even know if he inherited money or anything about therr finances.

Im a grown ass man, and I miss calls from friends, but when I see my mother calling, you damn right I answer on the spot. When you are raised in a normal family, it's called respect for your elders, ESPECIALLY your parents. The dad knows his daughter enough to know something is wrong when shes not answering at all.

The gotti drug incident is not a Mob bust, it's a local kid selling drugs. The media intertwined his grandfathers mob dealings so much, that now they have a bunch of followers thinking this was a mob scene.

If this girls death was a mob hit, do you really think the parents would blow up the reward like this? Don't you think they would've quietly went home and make a phone call?
It was NOT the parents who started this fundraising. It was a "fundraising committee, called fundme."

Old 08-12-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Which pic in particular?
The one with the "lollipop," or whatever that is.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
For crying out loud, she posted a lot of glamorous pictures on social media. She liked to get dressed up, travel and go to parties. And she probably felt invincible and took chances that older, wiser people wouldn't. So what?
Not her, but maybe the father got dragged into a scheme and then got victimized himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City