Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 09:58 AM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times

Advertisements

I can say without a doubt, they are. This is very high profile, and the cops are under a lot of pressure to make and arrest.

And if you're the mob, this murder is something you don't want to do. They'd have hit the father, which would have been a much lower profile crime. One thing that's happened with the mob since the whole series of major busts over the last few decades is that they've relearned discretion and secrecy. The last thing they want is to do a hit on a "civilian" female, even if the father was "involved", and have the cops and media crawling all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post

In these type of cases where its not clear-cut I don't see anything wrong with investigating everything and everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 10:14 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmw View Post
the forensics showed a sexual assault. So vibe or not, you're likely wrong. And they have dna, so they can easily and definitively rule out suspects.

If you're hinting at the father, they'd likely have run her dna and the perp's dna they got off her body. If it were a relative that would show up. And i strongly suspect they ran the father's dna.

I'm a little surprised the haven't gotten a cold hit on someone else. sex offenders are usually not one hit wonders. Likely the perp has assaulted other people, working up to raping an murdering a stranger in a park. i would think either he'd have been arrested before and be in the database, or his dna would have shown up from a previous assault where dna was collected. However, if it's the latter, the police may be sitting on that fact.
Then why would a police official say "there is no known threat to the community at large"? Your scenario of a perp who has committed multiple assaults and worked up to rape and murder would certainly be a threat to the community. The police must know more than they are saying about a motive/perp.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:33 AM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times
It's a big city. The perp could be from some other area/borough, but found a hunting ground in that park. He may intentionally want to "work" away from where he lives. If this is the case, the local precinct wouldn't be seeing multiple crimes to form a pattern.

I'm almost expecting for this guy to hit again, likely somewhere else in the city. I'll also point out something else. There's a huge pattern of unsolved murders of women found in marshes around the extended NY area. I'm specifically thinking of the LI Ocean Parkway bodies, and also in Atlantic City. This may be a stretch. But if I was in the NYPD, I'd be looking at those for anything like a match to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Then why would a police official say "there is no known threat to the community at large"? Your scenario of a perp who has committed multiple assaults and worked up to rape and murder would certainly be a threat to the community. The police must know more than they are saying about a motive/perp.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:25 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I don't think anyone here thinks the father did it himself but there are some suspicions about his businesses and that maybe someone might have done this as retribution.
I agree with this ^^^^^^^

Nobody in his right mind would think that the father did the actual killing.
But I think that they got Karina who was punished for what her father did earlier on, yes, in suspicious business deals. And...I still suspect her boyfriend with whom she broke up 2 days ago. He was cleared by alibi, but it would not be the first time that somebody was cleared by a falsely given alibi.

NO way was this a random killing. A homeless guy using a condom, and leaving it at the scene....hahaha, don't make me laugh. I think the condom's intent was to frame somebody.

And......I never read a Harry Potter book, so I cannot even GO back to that..;-)))))

Old 08-17-2016, 01:29 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
I still think the mother knows something the way she talks about the killer and addresses the individual. The whole thing doesn't add up...

Old 08-17-2016, 02:56 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I still think the mother knows something the way she talks about the killer and addresses the individual. The whole thing doesn't add up...

The mother is a typical Italian-American mom angry at someone who messed with their child. If she did no something odds are things would be like Mrs. Gotti after that guy who ran over her son suddenly went missing..... In other words you'd be hearing crickets.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:57 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
If the killer was in fact mob-connected, nobody is going to turn him in to the police unless they want to get whacked themselves.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:08 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
If the killer was in fact mob-connected, nobody is going to turn him in to the police unless they want to get whacked themselves.

Unless this was some Zip right off the boat, no one would do such a thing to anyone's daughter. I mean this ain't like Tracee from the Sopranos ( and even what happened there was not totally legit).

Now if the son or whatever of a "friend of theirs" did this, it would likely be taken care of internally and some sort of message gotten back to the father. An act like this brings disgrace on a family, not glory.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:00 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,572 times
Quote:
Exactly this ^^^^^^^

Old 08-17-2016, 09:58 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,759,907 times
Quote:
I love these "theories". Maybe the Candyman got her. Maybe it was Son of Sam. Maybe it was the ghost of John Gotti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City