Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 07:03 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,758,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
I thought so too, but obviously not.
I think the parents know who the killer is.
I guess it's her former boyfriend she broke up with 2 days prior to the murder.
Hmmm...maybe.... Wrote this off as a cold case. Now, not so sure...hmmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 10:07 PM

57 posts, read 60,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
We know it wasn't a homeless person, because they would be caught already.

Serial killer, not likely however it could be someone who will potentially become a serial killer

Random attack, not likely or else the NYPD wouldn't say their is no threat to the public. A killer raping and killing random women at large is a threat.
Sadly, I don't think women's safety is that high on their priority list. I think the "no threat" declaration was just a PR move so people won't bother them. If they cared that much there wouldn't be such a long backlog of unprocessed rape kits.

As for homeless, they said they were asking park "regulars" to voluntarily submit DNA so that strategy really has no teeth behind it.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:09 PM

57 posts, read 60,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Now the father is saying an arrest is imminent and even knows that a female relative of the killer is in distress. The father knew where to find the body and now knows about a relative of the killer.

Dad of slain jogger says detectives are closing in on killer | New York Post
I don't think they know. I think he's attempting to psychologically manipulate someone "in case" someone out there knows. If they knew who it was they would just do their due diligence and arrest the guy. This seems like a lot of grandstanding.

Police do this when interrogating, the whole "We already have all the facts so you might as well come clean" shebang.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:34 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,275,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
I thought so too, but obviously not.
I think the parents know who the killer is.
I guess it's her former boyfriend she broke up with 2 days prior to the murder.
The ex-boyfriend already alibied out. Does this mean the family and police are trying to put pressure on the person that was his alibi? From what I'm reading here it's a female relative that knows something but isn't coming forward yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gushkaty View Post
I don't think they know. I think he's attempting to psychologically manipulate someone "in case" someone out there knows. If they knew who it was they would just do their due diligence and arrest the guy. This seems like a lot of grandstanding.

Police do this when interrogating, the whole "We already have all the facts so you might as well come clean" shebang.
Sort of sounds like grasping at straws to me too.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:34 AM

4,194 posts, read 4,075,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gushkaty View Post

From the first statements from the parents it seemed like they had an idea of who the killer was, if not the specific identity. The mother especially was addressing the killer in personal terms. Recently she said people in "high places" we're looking for him. That sounded like connected people, not the cops.

It is odd for the updates on the case to be coming from the father and not the police. I don't know if he is making these comments with the approval of the police or is just a loose cannon.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:53 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
If the killer turns himself in why would they(Vetrano's) pay the family of the killer the reward money? That is strange!

Old 08-19-2016, 06:40 AM

4,194 posts, read 4,075,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
If the killer turns himself in why would they(Vetrano's) pay the family of the killer the reward money? That is strange!
They think it will be an incentive for him to enrich his relative since he will be caught anyway. That is strange and I don't know how it could be enforced if the Vetranos renege.

But now Commissioner Bratton is saying they are not close to an arrest. Strange case indeed.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:42 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,336,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
They think it will be an incentive for him to enrich his relative since he will be caught anyway. That is strange and I don't know how it could be enforced if the Vetranos renege.

But now Commissioner Bratton is saying they are not close to an arrest. Strange case indeed.
It seems "they," I do not know exactly who the "they" are, are trying to channel the reward money to a specific person!!

As somebody said, the suspect will end up dead, and somebody will get the reward. It was all about the money.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:39 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,974,832 times
The trails in the parks of Howard Beach and Broad Channel can be isolated. I've been through there quite a few times. This incident happened at Spring Creek Park in Howard Beach correct ? Even more isolated than the Broad Channel side. A homeless Person perhaps ? I've seen a few homeless individuals around those parts which included Howard Beach and Broad Channel. A lot of them take up post in the middle of Cross Bay Blvd and witness a few in the park areas nearby. Perhaps a local angry-perverted religious nutter ? If you know what's going on in Europe and notice large religious groups who have a large populous in nearby areas make one wonder.

Not pointing fingers but there are possibilities.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:01 AM

785 posts, read 823,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Something like this was done for Holly Bobo, where a person offered to give (I think 200k) for the killer to turn himself in. It did not work, though. But it does get press coverage for the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City