Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 07:26 AM

8,647 posts, read 11,024,062 times

Advertisements

DeBlasio is promoting homeless & thugs running NYC....he gets mad when police stops them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 07:49 AM

5,044 posts, read 4,920,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I have always lived in Manhattan, and remember the first time I left this country and went to Australia, I wondered how people can maintain it so clean. It was such a stark difference. When I returned, people asked me, "So how was it?" And I'd answered, "clean!"

Do you really have to wander that far to find a clean place??

Take a stroll in VT or NH streets or as close as NJ streets. They are all in stark contrast to what you see here in NYC.

The density, the concentration of unclean and cheap immigrants from 3rd world nations, the local bums and thugs and other low lives who are resistant to civilization, the backward and outdated garbage disposal system and infrastructure on top of an incapacitated and intellectually-compromised mayor in office are all contributing factors that qualify NYC to contend for the World's Filthiest City title against bombay, dehli and mexico city.

I took me a little over three years to figure out that filth is an indispensible part of the NYC melting pot culture that makes NYC stand out as an unforgettable place for tourists from all over. Get used to it, or leave it, but never attempt to change it because is so by design...

Old 08-09-2016, 08:04 AM

12,196 posts, read 7,175,636 times
It's the (NYC) culture. European cities have immigrants too (and many are from the same countries that are found in NY) but clearly they don't share the same littering behaviors.

People see how dirty and unkempt the place is when they arrive. They see people litter and so they end up doing it too.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:06 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,193,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It's the (NYC) culture. European cities have immigrants too (and many are from the same countries that are found in NY) but clearly they don't share the same littering behaviors.

People see how dirty and unkempt the place is when they arrive. They see people litter and so they end up doing it too.
Plenty of dirty natives as well. So easy to blame everything on immigrants.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:09 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,041,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

Haha probably true to some extent. Why bother spitting gum into tissue and keep it in your pocket when the street is lined with pitbull crap.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:10 AM

8,647 posts, read 11,024,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Plenty of dirty natives as well. So easy to blame everything on immigrants.
I blame the ghetto and thugs of nyc. This can be seen which NYC subway stop and/or line is the most disgusting

Old 08-09-2016, 08:10 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,536,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Lmao, nyc has always been smelly and dirty going way back. It's cleaned up a little over the years (cleaned up quite a bit in my lifetime but still dirty and smelly especially in the summer) but let's not kid ourselves.
Let me ask you. Have you seen a decline or an incline in homelessness and filth since Diblasio took office?

I work around the Penn Station area and have seen drastic change ever since he took office. Look at Washington Square Park. Druggies are openly smoking crack in the park in the middle of the day while the police stand idly by.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:25 AM

12,196 posts, read 7,175,636 times
^ Definitely more vagrants and an overall feeling of just letting things go, if you will.

Just the other day, I was walking through City Hall Park and saw a bunch of dirty, scraggly-looking people with their possessions all laid out over the art display. Another one was using colored chalk and writing/drawing all over the ground right there in CHP. Standing nearby but doing absolutely nothing was a bunch of Parks officers. I'm not sure if they were BLM protesters but I saw a few references to BLM in the chalk writing.

When I saw that, I just figured it's just DeBlasio's hands off approach to everything now.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:33 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,287,388 times
Another thing to consider are the officers and carriages on horseback. These horses, while cool and fascinating looking to your typical tourists, drop their um... ahem... payload, shall we say.... right in the middle of the street and it stays there for quite a while.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,193,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Let me ask you. Have you seen a decline or an incline in homelessness and filth since Diblasio took office?

I work around the Penn Station area and have seen drastic change ever since he took office. Look at Washington Square Park. Druggies are openly smoking crack in the park in the middle of the day while the police stand idly by.
Well homelessness has never really been dealt with in this city. All Guilliani/Bloomberg did was aggressively move them out of public places. Never really addressed the underlying problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City