Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 11:46 AM

207 posts, read 354,412 times

Advertisements

Yeah it honestly doesn't make sense since market rate tenants are moving in... and by now all the apartments that BG showed over a month go that weren't fully ready, should be ready to move in .... not sure what the heck is going on! I'm assuming they should be wanting people to start moving in and paying rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 06:12 PM

46 posts, read 63,597 times
What finishes do the lottery apartments have? The tile in the market rate apartments is beautiful. Also, i don't think the gym will be free. I heard that there will be 2 separate fees for the sky bridge and the rooftop. The sky bridge being $185/month or $150/month if you pay the full year upfront. That is crazy!! Compared to House39, the amenities are only 42/month.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:38 PM

The lottery apartments have different finishes than market rate. Stainless steel applicances , tiled bathrooms but still nice finishes... washer dryer in unit as well !

Old 06-29-2017, 07:38 PM

68 posts, read 99,451 times
I'll be incredibly grateful for any affordable apartment. I'm confused by the process though. I believe the guidelines say the affordable units need to be evenly distributed in the building and equivalent to the other units. Isn't that correct? It looks to me like the "A" line in west building is saved only for lottery people and that most if not all the market two bedrooms have two baths, but none of the lottery two bedrooms have two baths. (Not that I would ever feel entitled to a two bath of course, just that how the guidelines play out is confusing.) --I could be wrong though; just guessing from Streeteasy etc.

Also I believe the lottery people are supposed to move in alongside market rentals. I thought it was 10% lottery folks as tenants move in. So if over ten market people have moved in, shouldn't one of us have signed by now?

Maybe because the guidelines are new and untested, the developer is also trying to figure out how to interpret various parts of them or something?

Old 06-29-2017, 10:39 PM

56 posts, read 61,374 times
I still haven't seen the apartment. I did notarize the documents though. Not sure what the hold up is either, at least give us a time frame? I'm grateful either way, if they do decide to give us the apartments. I want to email them but the last I heard from them was "I will let you know if there are any updates." So I don't know. I guess it is a long process

Last edited by Airborneguy; 07-02-2017 at 10:35 PM..

Old 07-01-2017, 07:19 PM

67 posts, read 115,757 times
i think every where is same, I applied 605 west 42nd. and they showed me the unit, but they made people hold,and nobody move in.. everyone is waiting... that is crazy.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:15 AM

79 posts, read 93,909 times
I am in the same position as a few of you, I have CB preference, my file was approved by Breaking Ground compliance, I saw the unit that was assigned to me and my file was sent to HPD for approval. Now I am just waiting, waiting, waiting. So my question is, have any of you -- ladygaga1, finmom, Channies -- had your files approved by HPD? Ladygaga1, you said that Breaking Ground told you that your file was approved, so is that official? Is that the way you are informed -- Breaking Ground just tells you, nothing more formal? And finally, has anybody actually signed a lease? If so, when you sign a lease did you get a move-in date.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdreams View Post
I am in the same position as a few of you, I have CB preference, my file was approved by Breaking Ground compliance, I saw the unit that was assigned to me and my file was sent to HPD for approval. Now I am just waiting, waiting, waiting. So my question is, have any of you -- ladygaga1, finmom, Channies -- had your files approved by HPD? Ladygaga1, you said that Breaking Ground told you that your file was approved, so is that official? Is that the way you are informed -- Breaking Ground just tells you, nothing more formal? And finally, has anybody actually signed a lease? If so, when you sign a lease did you get a move-in date.

We all seem to be on the same boat.. as far as I know nobody has signed a lease yet... my interviewer told me I was approved by HPD because I asked (my file was sent in March). By now, whoever's file was sent to HPD over a month ago has probably been approved, the next time we'll hear from BG will hopefully just be to sign leases !

Old 07-02-2017, 03:03 PM

56 posts, read 61,374 times
I was approved by HPD and was told the unit is set aside. They told me they have no updates and would contact me when they do. It's been 2 months ago when I last spoke to them. Hopefully soon.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:36 PM

68 posts, read 99,451 times
My file was approved by BG compliance in early May and sent to HPD. I was shown a unit about a month ago. The unit I was assigned turned out on that day to be nowhere near ready so I was shown another apparently identical unit. A few weeks ago BG told me they have no update from HPD or the building and will let me know as soon as they do. So I'm still waiting for HPD approval, but my understanding is even folks with approval are waiting on leases. And meanwhile market folks are slowly moving in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery