Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:28 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,461,784 times

Advertisements

That's what I was thinking. There's another building around the corner from this, which should be posting numbers soon, and actually, that one's a little more convenient as it's two blocks farther west and closer to Grand Central. CB6 doesn't get many of these buildings. Finally, it gets one, well two, and my number is the highest I've ever had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 09:39 AM

I keep staring at the number, I've never seen a number this high ... have to try to do some work. This forum is such a therapeutic distraction.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:43 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
That's what I was thinking. There's another building around the corner from this, which should be posting numbers soon, and actually, that one's a little more convenient as it's two blocks farther west and closer to Grand Central. CB6 doesn't get many of these buildings. Finally, it gets one, well two, and my number is the highest I've ever had.
Haha, that's exactly how I felt about 10 Freedom Place (another thread here). It's the first one that I had seen in my CB7 (UWS), since the UWS doesn't get many new buildings, and I actually fit into the income ranges. But my log number was 12,xxx- I'm hoping that it is good enough with a CB preference, because there aren't that many people in CB7 that make such little money.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:46 AM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Which building is around the corner? The huge one on East 39th Street? I think that one just closed. If that's the one you're thinking of, there will be another one on East 39th Street, on the south side of the street next to the Frontier. That one will be an 80/20 rental also. And don't forget KB25 on East 25th St.

So CB6 is doing well at the moment!

To me, the great unknown in all these newer lotteries is the role the city will play in placing shelter residents. Up to half of the community preference group can be allotted to these referrals. I know the homeless problem is terrible, and I don't want to be heartless. But to me this diminishes the "lottery" portion of the affordable housing program.

And Wiivile, 12,xxx might be good enough with CB preference! Best of luck with that.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:09 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Which building is around the corner? The huge one on East 39th Street? I think that one just closed. If that's the one you're thinking of, there will be another one on East 39th Street, on the south side of the street next to the Frontier. That one will be an 80/20 rental also. And don't forget KB25 on East 25th St.

So CB6 is doing well at the moment!

To me, the great unknown in all these newer lotteries is the role the city will play in placing shelter residents. Up to half of the community preference group can be allotted to these referrals. I know the homeless problem is terrible, and I don't want to be heartless. But to me this diminishes the "lottery" portion of the affordable housing program.

And Wiivile, 12,xxx might be good enough with CB preference! Best of luck with that.
Well, you'd be surprised at that community - I'm sure there are plenty of people of below income bunking in with those who make more money. Point in case, I applied for KB25 - no community board preference, have a low log number and have yet to be called. The lottery closed in July, meaning that there are plenty of people in CB6 with preference!

Old 11-30-2016, 10:23 AM

The one I'm thinking of is on East 39th Street, and it just moved from Closed to Lottery Pending. It looks kind of like a bullet. I didn't apply for KB25 -- I either missed it or didn't qualify. For the person who had number 12,XXX with CB preference, that's a very good number.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:28 AM

Yes, right across from that one will be another one on 39th, built by the same developer as the one who did the Frontier on the corner. From the looks of it, the lottery will be announced soon. The address is 210 East 39th St.

There are lots of people in CB6 who meet the qualifications, I bet. There are a couple of NYCHAs in the district, and also young people living with their parents, etc.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:51 PM

7 posts, read 18,470 times
37**, but there so many units I feel like maybe? haha x.x

Old 11-30-2016, 12:59 PM

^^^ You have a good shot! But if you're not in one of the preference groups, you may have to wait a while for them to be processed.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:54 AM

16 posts, read 60,213 times
My log number for American Cooper is 42,**** and 225 E.29st log number 7,*** with no "CB" preference I doubt if I would get contacted for the E.29st location!!! Uuuugghhh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery