Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 08:08 PM

48 posts, read 92,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by braungeo123 View Post
thanks for the advice everyone! Feeling a lot better! You'd consider graham and metropolitan "actually" East Williamsburg though, correct?
correction I misread your post. No that's not the "actual" East Williamsburg. The dividing line between Williamsburg and East Williamsburg is Bushwick Ave -- according to the City of New York. So, the "actual" East Willamsburg is east of Bushwick Ave.

What I meant to say was I would consider Graham & Metropolitan Ave East Williamsburg in Real Estate jargon (they call it this because it's east of the BQE but that's the only reason). This area is still Williamsburg, it's just not what real estate people so call "prime Williamsburg". Long answer short - it's just Williamsburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 05:56 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braungeo123 View Post
thanks for the advice everyone! Feeling a lot better! You'd consider graham and metropolitan "actually" East Williamsburg though, correct?
I would still consider that Williamsburg proper. As others have said "East Williamsburg" isn't even really a thing that can be defined but I've always considered it roughly the area bordered by Flushing Ave to the south and east, Bushwick Ave to the west and Metropolitan to the north.

Bushwick doesn't really officially start until you're on the other side of the Flushing Ave. On the corner of Flushing and Wilson Ave there is a spray paint "hood" mural on the wall of the deli/bodega with something about now being in Bushwick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: