Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:08 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
*LOL*. Just like white has nothing in common. When push comes to shove, all other races band together. Asians will try to overcome differences, whites and so on, but black folks... Forget it. Oh I'm not this and I'm not that. Society views them as BLACK, period, and until that changes you're free to call everyone dumb.
North and South Korea haven't overcome their differences in decades. Neither has China or Japan. The Middle East which is Asian is always full of violence. Ditto Afghanistan. Muslims and Hindus kill each other in India.

Britain just voted to leave the European Union. Ireland a long time ago broke away from Britain. Northern Ireland had lots of violence for years. Spain has Catalan and Basque separatists.

Not to mention Jews are generally a marginalized group of whites. Not to mention ww2 killed tens of millions in Europe. White people have never all banned together, and have always maintained separate identities, and so have Asians. Of course you have very different languages in Europe and very different languages in Asia.

Of course, the real problem is your lack of knowledge of the world in general and of history. In addition to having a really low IQ. Don't worry, I promise to read you Dr. Seus.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:13 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
North and South Korea haven't overcome their differences in decades. Neither has China or Japan. The Middle East which is Asian is always full of violence. Ditto Afghanistan. Muslims and Hindus kill each other in India.

Britain just voted to leave the European Union. Ireland a long time ago broke away from Britain. Northern Ireland had lots of violence for years. Spain has Catalan and Basque separatists.

Not to mention Jews are generally a marginalized group of whites. Not to mention ww2 killed tens of millions in Europe. White people have never all banned together, and have always maintained separate identities, and so have Asians. Of course you have very different languages in Europe and very different languages in Asia.

Of course, the real problem is your lack of knowledge of the world in general and of history. In addition to having a really low IQ. Don't worry, I promise to read you Dr. Seus.
Am talking about here in the U.S. Mr. Ivy League. Koreans here are mainly from South Korea so will band together. Same thing with Chinese and so on, which is why those groups get ahead.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:15 PM

2,751 posts, read 2,420,713 times
Quote:
The schools I went to outrank anything you've done or will ever do.

I deny that the dominant or major contributor to the culture in Puerto Rico and Cuba is "African". They are Spanish speaking, and the cultural is LATIN.

I did not say Dominicans are dark skinned Spaniyards. Just because a person is of African descent does not make them culturally AFRICAN, and you have difficulty with the concept that race and ancestry have NOTHING to do with CULTURE.

One of my degrees is an English, and I generally got As. Lowest grade was a B+. From Columbia no less.

And that was a masters degree.

Employers recognize those credentials, not lunatic afrocentrist theory.
Strawmen and emotional. As I expected.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am talking about here in the U.S. Mr. Ivy League. Koreans here are mainly from South Korea so will band together. Same thing with Chinese and so on, which is why those groups get ahead.
South Koreans are people from the SAME nation you dummy, speaking the same language so of course they band together. Chinese are people from the same nation, so it's easier for them to band together with other Chinese. Are you too dumb to understand this?

Dominicans DO band together, with other Dominicans or Latinos primarily due to the common language and cultural similarities. Go to a Dominican neighborhood and you'll see lots of Dominican businesses and the neighborhood will often be represented by a Dominican politician. What hurts you is they band together along the lines of language and culture and not on race.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
Strawmen and emotional. As I expected.
Not even. You can't back up your own credentials.

But there aren't really credentials for being an Afrocentrist, are there? Perhaps you'll be out on the street peddling for cash with the Black Hebrews or whatever other afrocentrist hustlers.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:26 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,229,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2007 View Post
When I was growing up I was taught by teachers that NYC was a melting pot. People came here from other countries, enjoyed learning in our free public schools, contributed their skills and talents, and became a part of the American fabric. All I see now are Dominicans who come here, remain isolated in their Dominican social lives, take over apartment buildings and discriminate against non-Dominicans in renting, REFUSE to learn English and still are allowed to open businesses (to cater to their own countrymen). They are not immigrants in the American way. They come to keep their language and customs and take, take, take U.S. benefits. I was born and raised in the Morrisania area of the Bronx. I left for years while in the military. I come back to the Dominican Republic and overcrowding. If the D.R. is that bad...sorry. I can see why with the attitudes of this group. Come here and contribute. Learn English. Don't come here to take over our neighborhoods and supermarkets, stuff into our public transportation and oh yeah think you're better than American born citizens. Mexicans don't do this. They come and contribute and work hard IMO. Trump should build a wall between NYC and the Dominican Republic. What the Hell!
There in lies the biggest problem with immigration. No assimilation at a high level. Somali's go to Minnesota to be Somali in Minnesota, not Americans in Minnesota.....when you start encouraging Liberal dreams like, English as a second language, you have handed the keys to the hotel over to the guests...what happens next???

There was a time, about a hundred years or so ago, where almost every immigrant really did want to come here to BE american.....now? it's all about ACCOMMODATION.....movies make punchlines out of it (think High School High with Jon Lovitz and 3 interpreters on stage interpreting his words to the assembly)....now that same army of help is there at every turn....every social benefit....

True, many do assimilate but any that do not inherently cause an issue and with time and natural criticism, will come to dislike America feeling disenfranchised......and then the "neighborhoods" segregate......East LA.....Bronx....doesn't matter......

You have basically told new arrivals, welcome to america, use it as you please instead of welcome to america, help us make it great again?

I don't care WHO is in office, this is a common thread/threat we can all get behind....it is in EVERYONE's best interest to get these people assimilated to the customs, rights, mores, and social integration within the fabric of America if they are ever to be a part of it, don't you think?

They shouldn't be viewed as a potential source of throw away labor or easy votes, ahem, they should be viewed as a potential resource to benefit the many as well as themselves and their families. Tensions would/should ease and we can get back to the business of business.

Novel.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:30 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
South Koreans are people from the SAME nation you dummy, speaking the same language so of course they band together. Chinese are people from the same nation, so it's easier for them to band together with other Chinese. Are you too dumb to understand this?

Dominicans DO band together, with other Dominicans or Latinos primarily due to the common language and cultural similarities. Go to a Dominican neighborhood and you'll see lots of Dominican businesses and the neighborhood will often be represented by a Dominican politician. What hurts you is they band together along the lines of language and culture and not on race.
Doesn't hurt me. Not suffering in the slightest. Well known that there's discrimination against darker Dominicans versus their lighter counterparts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City