U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM
 
977 posts, read 2,445,015 times
Reputation: 466

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
it does matter if u have a higher chance of being shot in the ass or being mugged than somewhere oh let's say on the UWS or UES.
I live in the UWS and I almost got robbed late at night (I was been approached by these two thugs crossing the street on my direction from opposite direction and I started to walk fast and got in this one building) about three years ago and a neighbor of mine did get robbed a year and half ago walking her dog. How many people I don't know had been in this situation in my neighborhood?

People take advantage of robbing and attacking you in any place you might live and call safe. Especially when you are more likely vulnerable. Out late at night on a desolate street and walking alone. Just got to be prepare to think fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:00 PM
 
75 posts, read 31,412 times
Reputation: 23
And as for where Maria and Myself brought our Condos (The Orion), 42 precinct-there have been 0% murders YTD and 0% shooting in the ass!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:04 PM
 
395 posts, read 49,667 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
You can keep on laughing your money on rent. Which I am sure you have been doing for years. I bought my place as a along term investment, so I will have my property for years to come...
The Big Picture | Housing: US vs Japan

years u said huh? just hope u break even by the time u retire...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 PM
 
977 posts, read 2,445,015 times
Reputation: 466
^ You can keep laughing, I am laughing back at you, wasting your money on rent. LOL. But I agree, the over all USA housing market is not going to look good in the future, but the NYC market can surprise us. It is like a different market, since we have more people interested in living or owning here, both locally and international people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 PM
 
395 posts, read 49,667 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
^ ...but the NYC market can surprise us. It is like a different market, since we have more people interested in living or owning here, both locally and international people.
that chart that i just post represents tokyo japan also. tokyo is just like a nyc city in the asia region. tokyo took a 60-80% drop in the real estate market. we'll c if it will happen in nyc (anything under 96th st. btw...i dont consider the rest of the other boroughs are nyc). other boroughs real estate market is already dropping.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 03-19-2008 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:35 PM
 
Location: America
6,704 posts, read 10,734,091 times
Reputation: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
^ You can keep laughing, I am laughing back at you, wasting your money on rent. LOL. But I agree, the over all USA housing market is not going to look good in the future, but the NYC market can surprise us. It is like a different market, since we have more people interested in living or owning here, both locally and international people.
No disrespect but your lying to yourself. Prices have already fallen in NYC. I think back in January they said median home sale prices in NYC rose, but that was because the extremely high end home sales (over 10 mill) offset the falling prices for anything under 10 million. This is not the first time it has happened in NYC. It happened back in the 90s and its going to happen again. Prices have outstripped the local economies ability to pay these ridiculous prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 PM
 
395 posts, read 49,667 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
No disrespect but your lying to yourself. Prices have already fallen in NYC. I think back in January they said median home sale prices in NYC rose, but that was because the extremely high end home sales (over 10 mill) offset the falling prices for anything under 10 million. This is not the first time it has happened in NYC. It happened back in the 90s and its going to happen again. Prices have outstripped the local economies ability to pay these ridiculous prices.
exactly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
 
977 posts, read 2,445,015 times
Reputation: 466
Wild Style, an apartment in my building that has the same layout as mine, sold for more than double the price I pay back in 2003, in January. So it hasn't affected my building or my area yet I guess. Plus there has been interest in my apartment for a while. I really believe I made a good investment. But I am not selling anyway, I plan to live in the city for the longest time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
 
395 posts, read 49,667 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Wild Style, an apartment in my building that has the same layout as mine, sold for more than double the price I pay back in 2003, in January. So it hasn't affected my building or my area yet I guess. Plus there has been interest in my apartment for a while. I really believe I made a good investment. But I am not selling anyway, I plan to live in the city for the longest time.
whoever pay for that apt. back in Jan. 2008 has overpaid by 50-60%! lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM
 
977 posts, read 2,445,015 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
that chart that i just post represents tokyo japan also. tokyo is just like a nyc city in the asia region. tokyo took a 60-80% drop in the real estate market. we'll c if it will happen in nyc (anything under 96th st. btw...i dont consider the rest of the other boroughs are nyc). other boroughs real estate market is already dropping.
No Tokyo is a more of a Japan local market. That is where most people in Japan live anyway. NYC is a very international city and still very popular in the USA, last time I check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top